Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > "1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes
Reload this Page >

Early Wen-Mac Identification

Community
Search
Notices
"1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes These are the small ones...more popular now than ever.

Early Wen-Mac Identification

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2008, 10:58 AM
Demon-Leather
My Feedback: (10)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Early Wen-Mac Identification

ORIGINAL: gcb

Almost enough said.

Neither of the engines shown appear to have the standard OK needle. Be aware that some of the stock needles have a blunt tip that takes it slobbering rich to full lean in about one turn. You can file more taper on the needle to correct that.

George
>DING< correct! "give me Aftermarket K-Pak extended flex needles for 200 Alex." And, the "B" has a brass tube pressed over a stock needle to extend it a bit. I have LARGE hands,.. not suited to the close proximity to turning 1/2A props (LOTS of scars on my index finger knuckle) Those "flat" needles keep me from getting even more!.. it's "just-a-touch" adjust.. not a "twist into the prop adjust". I like Cubs,.. everyone gives them a bad rap, but mine do well, and always start quick... AND I never have to worry about hunting "Glow-heads" I found a guy on Feebay in the late 90's selling NOS cylinder/piston/head assemblies and bought a bunch. (one in each photo) So now, I can Fly till I die! So far, I've only used them on the ones I used to buy on FeeBay for a buck or two, so they're like brand-new. I was surprised you didn't notice the exhaust diverter ring on the "A" model, George.. Bob
Old 06-28-2008, 06:06 PM
gcb

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: Demon-Leather
...I was surprised you didn't notice the exhaust diverter ring on the "A" model, George.. Bob
Actually I did notice it. I have a couple from RTF's that came with those diverters on them. I removed the diverters and the engine seems to run well without them. I'm sure it changed the timing a little since it dropped the cylinder the thickness of the aluminum.

George
Old 04-07-2009, 01:03 AM
proptop
My Feedback: (8)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Decided to bring this one back for a visit...(the reason, to be added in the edit )

Edit:
http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_1811158/tm.htm
Scroll down to post 12
[8D]

The 1/2A Ducted Fan thread also had a bit to do with it...