Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > "1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes
 OS 10 FSR Exhuast residue >

OS 10 FSR Exhuast residue

Community
Search
Notices
"1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes These are the small ones...more popular now than ever.

OS 10 FSR Exhuast residue

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2007, 05:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OS 10 FSR Exhuast residue

The exhuast residue that comes out of my OS 10FSR doesnt seem right. it comes out grayish or blackish. I remember seeing something, somewhere stating that gray or blackish tented oil coming from the exhaust is a bad thing...I would post a pic but my cameras on the charger and i have taken the engine off my Piper. I dont want to run my 10 again untill i know if its normal or not. ...............Sorry the description is alittle messy.

Thanks.
Old 06-16-2007, 06:13 PM

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: OS 10 FSR Exhuast residue

They grey colour is aluminum. Most likely it is the muffler rubbing because the bolts aren't tight enough. Take the muffler off and see if you can determine where the grey is coming from. Take a q-tip and swab inside the exhaust port to see if the oil is clear there. People say that it can be caused by running too lean but come to think of it, I've never seen that happen. Usually if it runs too lean then it quits, or locks up.
Old 06-16-2007, 06:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: OS 10 FSR Exhuast residue

Bipe i think you may have nailed it... I wipped off the manifold screws on this paper towl, and look what came off... Sorry the picture quality sucks...Pictures wont come out clear unless your tottaly still for like 5 seconds. plus, only 3.2mega pixels
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Nl30819.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	38.5 KB
ID:	705315