Community
Search
Notices
"1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes These are the small ones...more popular now than ever.

Throttle Hookup?

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2007, 08:43 PM
bsteckler

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Throttle Hookup?

Moving into 1/2A planes has presented some unique challenges. The most recent is the best way to hook up a throttle. On .40 sized planes, there is sufficient space to allow the throttle pushrod to flex through the rotation of the throttle. On the smaller models, the linkage tends to bind at the lowest part of the throttle travel. How are you guys hooking up throttles? Do you use a flexible pushrod...perhaps a cable of some sort?
Old 06-17-2007, 08:56 PM
digital_trucker

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Throttle Hookup?

I use flex cable.
Old 06-17-2007, 09:28 PM
rainedave
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Throttle Hookup?

I use thin, flexible wire and put a Z-bend in the end that attaches to the carb throttle arm. I use one of those mini E/Z connectors on the servo arm so that it's easy to adjust. Sometimes there's a little play in the z-bend end (depending on the size of the hole in the throttle arm) but with the 1/2A carbs I fly with I've never noticed it in the air.

The smart thing to do - which I didn't do - would be to put a length of heatshrink tubing over the z-bend to make it snugger and eliminate any metal-to-metal contact.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ki19973.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	92.2 KB
ID:	705985