Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > "1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes
 Questions on Herr Lil Extra build >

Questions on Herr Lil Extra build

Community
Search
Notices
"1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes These are the small ones...more popular now than ever.

Questions on Herr Lil Extra build

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2007, 06:44 PM
My Feedback: (10)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Questions on Herr Lil Extra build

Starting the build on my Herr Lil Extra. The control rods look pretty flimsy. Power is coming from an OS .15 CV-A. I may put a header tank in around the C/G for extra fuel rather than cut the bulkheads. What did you guys do with the control rods? Are they adequate for wringing out the plane? Have already installed larger hinges than what came in the kit and am at that point where I need to make a decision on the rods. Thanks!
Old 07-04-2007, 11:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Questions on Herr Lil Extra build

I`m just starting on mine too. I`ve decided that I will use the SC .12 afterall. This will be my first ARF although I`ve done plenty of O/D`s and scratchbuilds. First impression from 10 feet away - good. Read the manual and going to start.

Those cyano hinges! Already cut halfway through! They`ve gotta be joking! I too will install larger ones. Now the horns.....? Cyano the horns to the aileron covering? I don`t think sooo. I checked the pre-punched horn holes in each aileron by placing the ailerons back to back. The pairs of holes are mis-matched to each other by around 10mm. The pair of holes that are parallel to the aileron LE are at least 2 mm wider than the pins on the horns. The holes in the other aileron are at the correct centres - but skewed approx 20 degrees from the aileron LE. I`ll re-drill the holes to suit, and then put a small bolt right through the aileron and a thin plastic plate on the top surface.

I thought the quality of this Herr gear was supposed to be among the better ones.... I must admit my enthusiasm for ARF`s has taken a quick knock. At this stage I`ll look to use those spindly pre-bent aileron pushrods - but I`ll certainly look at them with suspicion. At this rate I`d hazard a guess they mightn`t fit either......

I`ll go and have another look at it all tomorrow.....

Alan W
Old 07-06-2007, 12:15 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Questions on Herr Lil Extra build

I too use a .15 CV-A and replaced the tail feather control rods with 256 rod. I used the skinny stuff on the ailerons though since it is so short it does not flex on me. I am also using HS-81 servos on all control surfaces.