Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > "1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes
Reload this Page >

Am I just unlucky with Tower Hobbies?

Community
Search
Notices
"1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes These are the small ones...more popular now than ever.

Am I just unlucky with Tower Hobbies?

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2008, 11:03 AM
jameslundy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Am I just unlucky with Tower Hobbies?

I have rescently returned two FUTABA FASST 607 rx's to TOWER HOBBIES.As it happens, the FASST 607 RX'S are not recomended for heli use.So I returned them and ordered four of the FASST 617 Rx's.My return was signed for 2-28-08 and has still not been handled.I have made several phone calls to TOWER HOBBIES customer service dept. all I have recieved were lackluster excuses.I even explaned to this rep that there was an order in the return for four different FASST RX'S.the responce was the same....I had to wait for thier returns dept. to process the order.They made no attempt to help me, fix the problem or talk to thier supervisor.Just excuses.that im my opinion is not customer service, but customer dis-service.I would have been fired from my current position, had I offered such weak service to a paying customer.
Old 03-05-2008, 11:12 AM
somegeek
My Feedback: (2)

"I had to wait for thier returns dept. to process the order.They made no attempt to help me"

So you're saying you've had to wait a few days?

I had returned an Rx for a replacement - took a few days for them to process it.

Never had a bad experience with Tower myself. One shipment was lost when a UPS trailer caught fire but that was it.

An alternative is Advantage Hobby - free shipping on orders over $50.

somegeek
Old 03-05-2008, 02:21 PM
jameslundy

somegeek

Maybe im just taking your comment wrong....but I think waiting a week to check and order in and ship out a larger order is way too long.I was returning new recievers and ordering twice as many........you come across very condescending.
Old 03-05-2008, 03:17 PM
somegeek
My Feedback: (2)

Sounds like you were asking for them to expedite your return since you had a new order in the queue and they didn't accommodate this request so you're upset and writing them off as a shabby operation. We have a difference in expectations I guess. I had my order sitting for a few days before they got to it in their return queue and then it was processed.

somegeek
Old 03-05-2008, 03:40 PM
rjmerritt5

Hi Terry,this is Rog and I seen your post and thought I would respond. Tower hobbies has been pretty good to me and I haven't had any problems with them.I think it must be like you said just bad luck but they corrected it and they did good by you. I hope that you don't have any more problems in the future I'm sure you won't.See ya at the field when it get's warm.
Old 03-05-2008, 08:20 PM
tewitt1949

Hi Rog, You lost???? I didn't know you hung out over here with the little guys. You here very often? This is a good place to visit as theres lots of good information and a bunch of great guys. I pester them quit often with my questions.

Anyways Tower has been much better lately. A few problems last summer, thats it.

Did you get that latest plane ready to go? I almost went out a flew today but had too much other stuff to do. Now that the snow has melted and refroze smooth, the lake makes a good runway. Now just waiting for some calm days.

Going to the club meeting next week? If so, see ya there. Terry
Old 03-06-2008, 08:01 AM
flyinrog
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had one other problem with tower about 10+ years ago I ordered a hand crank fuel pump and when I got it, it was stuck, I called and it was replaced,,got the new one and it was pretty tight but it worked....turns out the one I had was just too tight too...I forced it through and it worked fine....As far as I know ..advantage and omni are both part of Tower hobbies...like chevy is part of GM...surprising how many newbies or strangers to the forum chime in when it is to complain about Tower...I've seen this go on over in the beginner forum for pages and pages....everything from "they suck and I'll never buy from them again"....to "I'll never buy anywhere else"....Rog