Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > "1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes
Reload this Page >

OK Boys, here is what I have so far... ITS DONE!! AND IT FLIES!!! PICS ADDED...

Community
Search
Notices
"1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes These are the small ones...more popular now than ever.

OK Boys, here is what I have so far... ITS DONE!! AND IT FLIES!!! PICS ADDED...

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2003, 10:03 PM
DICKEYBIRD

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OK Boys, here is what I have so far... ITS DONE!! AND IT FLIES!!! PICS ADDED...

Hey Andrew....I went to Bipeflyer's website and watched your videos. Looks like the LCB flies a treat! Really whips through the turns well and looks very stable. I guess that blunt L.E. you talked about helps it. Anyway, you got yerself a real winner there. Congrats!
Old 04-25-2003, 10:39 PM
ajcoholic
My Feedback: (10)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default OK Boys, here is what I have so far... ITS DONE!! AND IT FLIES!!! PICS ADDED...

Thanks DB! I just wanted at least one of you guys to see it fly!

AJC
Old 04-26-2003, 03:45 AM
M20S_Pilot_Tom

Hey ya'll whats the url for the videos.

Thanks
Tom
Old 04-26-2003, 11:28 AM
ajcoholic

http://24.77.69.84/contest/SearchIssue.asp
Old 04-26-2003, 12:10 PM
CrocEnd

That is magic .
But how do you handle the cold, dark wearther with that
bird up there.

Here aprox 33c or 92f all year BURRRRRRRR.
Any way great stuff.
Cherr's from Darwin NT.
Old 04-26-2003, 03:28 PM
M20S_Pilot_Tom

Thanks for the link ajcoholic, how often do you guys have this building contest? I just stumbled across this thread, I think Iwould like to get involved with a contest like this but am much too late for this one.

Tom
Old 04-26-2003, 03:32 PM
ajcoholic

Crocend - are you in Australia? My sister lived there for three years, and when it was under 25 C she would complain about the "cold"... funny when she moved back here last year and had to refamilierise herself with a true northern winter (two months solid -20 to -40 C weather!)

Its easy to manage the winter when you keep busy building planes and working on engines.

M20S - this is our first attempt at this type of contest - but I hope not the last!!

Andrew
Old 04-26-2003, 07:24 PM
prole
My Feedback: (3)

Hey Andrew,

those video's are great, I can't believe how stable that thing looks. I guess that is what you would call a sucessful experiment.

I'll be so happy if mine flys half as good as that, heck I'll be stoked if it flys at all...

here's hoping

Mavericman - I think you got your work cut out for you, it might be easier to get a whizard, or a Piece o Cake or something to learn on, the Stealth is a little quick I think for a trainer.

Your probably gonna spend more time fixing it then flying it, especially with those delicate tail pieces...

Maybe try a SPAD if you are gonna do it by yourself, there is a guy on the forum here that sells kits of the SRR's which are a great .15 size trainer for 32 bucks shipped.

His name is BoggerBoy.

I'm a 1/2a Balsa freak through and through, but those SPAD's are pretty fun too, and there is just something nice about watching the 200 foot death spin result in nothing more than a busted prop...

JUST DON'T GIVE UP, THAT WOULD BE THE WORST THING YOU COULD DO!!!!

the prole
Old 04-26-2003, 10:19 PM
ajcoholic

Prole, thanks man! - it is stable but I like the controls pretty touchy and man it rolls fast! The landing was cut off the video clip when it was edited, but it also glides super, after the engine died I just whipped it around and it has a nice flat glide down to the runway.

Mavericman, I agree with Prole - get a nice lightly loaded and SLOW trainer type plane. And set the throws very mild. I remeber when I was trying to learn how to fly (all on 1/2A stuff) in my early teens, I was on my own and allways set the throws MAX because I thought that was how it was supposed to be... doh! No wonder all my flights lasted about 15 seconds before I corkscrewed the planes into the ground. Now I know better, but a lot of guys (especially trying 1/2A for the first time) underestimate how little throw you do need on these small craft and then wonder why they are all over the place.

AJC
Old 04-27-2003, 08:37 AM
CrocEnd

Hey AJC what part of Aussie was sister in ,,,,,

I would think it's a typical delta but glide mode was
it still good or what.

Back to weather up there buurrrrrr actually double
buurrrrrr
Cheer's Bob.
Old 04-27-2003, 11:30 AM
ajcoholic

Bob,
She was in Sydney attending the University of NSW, lived there for three years. I didnt get a chance to visit her (plane fair alone was over $2000) but my other sister did and they loved the place.

Some day I will visit the land down under... someday!
Old 04-27-2003, 01:00 PM
Mavericman

Wild fred is sending me one of his tough home builts for free to learn on. I should be getting it this week. This guy at the field(chris) is going to buddybox me on his .40 trainer today at 11:00
Old 04-29-2003, 06:41 PM
wild fred
My Feedback: (3)

yeah, our post office was closed sat., but my boy mailed it on mon. a.m., so you should get it this week. easy to fix, agile, rugged. set throws low, and only tap the sticks at first, plenty of time for smoothness later!