Community
Search
Notices
"1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes These are the small ones...more popular now than ever.

new pic

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2003, 10:21 PM
flyinrog
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default new pic

trying something I dont quite get yet

[IMG]http://[/IMG]
yep here we go into uncharted territory,, lost like a fart in a tornado again......I got the digi to work and have the pics on "clearview" by quicktime dont know how to get them here though, copy and paste doesnt seem to work....prolly be needin some help ya'll.. Rog[IMG]autumn[/IMG][IMG]C:\My Documents\My Pictures\37cb534a.jpg[/IMG]
Old 04-07-2003, 10:41 PM
Bipe Flyer

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Default new pic

What you need is a URL between the [IMG]http://[/IMG] headers.

Click on the IMG button then enter the URL of the picture.

For example http://donatelli.net/skougar/skougar3.jpg will show this:
Old 04-08-2003, 12:59 AM
flyinrog

Default new pic

yeah see thats the part I cant find, MY toolbar kinda comes and goes as it pleases and sometimes I have an address bar, like now according to my links the toolbars shows the links are active, but they are not visible........thats why i tried to copy and paste the actual photo but thats not how its done....Rog
Old 04-08-2003, 01:41 AM
Bipe Flyer

Default new pic

I just found a link to the instructions.
http://www.rcuniverse.com/misc.php?s...bbcode#imgcode
Old 04-08-2003, 06:22 AM
prole
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new pic

Rog,

I had a hell of a time learning too, it was Fastlash that got me there, the "IMG" button up there is for posting the pics if they exist as a file on a website.

Now I feel that I know you better than anyone else here and since I have never heard you mention hide nor hair of a website I am going to assume the "Clearview" from Quicktime is a photo editing/viewing program.

If I am way off, well... you know what they say about ASSumptions.

Either way, this will work, If you are editing a website you still must have the pics on your computer somewhere so this will seem even easier.

First save to photo to someplace simple, on PC's we are all assumed stupid and they give us a folder on the C:\ drive called "My Pictures" I don't use it and generally delete all of those but let's just keep it simple.

Save your picture as "project1" in the folder "My Pictures" on the C:\ drive

Now click on the Attach file button down below, the one called "Browse". That will bring you to the same screen you see when you are opening a file in an application.

On a PC you would:
1. Go to "My Computer"
2. double click "My Pictures"
3. click "project1.jpg"
4. click the button called "attach" or "open"

At this point you are returned to the RCU posting screen and in the space in the "Attach file" line you will see something that looks like:

C:\My Pictures\project1.jpg

at this point, Submit Reply and you will either have suceeded or you will be told that your file is to large to post.

If the file is to large you must use whatever photo editing program that you have to make the file no more the 70kb AND no more than 700p x 700p.

If you can't do that, just email me the files and I'll gladly do it and send them back.

one thing to remember.

IF YOU "PREVIEW REPLY" BEFORE YOU SUBMIT IT THE PICTURE WILL NOT SHOW UP, DOING THIS ERASES THE INFORMATION FROM THE "ATTACH FILE" LINE. DON'T ASK ME WHY, I KNOW THAT IT'S STRANGE, YOU HAVE TO SUBMIT IT TO SEE THE PHOTO.

I hope this helps, if you need any help with sizing the pictures just drop me a line and we'll get it figured out.

I can't wait to see what you've got for us, don't give up, it took me forever to figure it out too, you'll get it.

as always,
the prole
Old 04-09-2003, 08:42 PM
flyinrog

Default new pic

ok I got a white box with an x in it ya'll, I'm closin in on it..another month or so , and oh by the way if you do get a pic its one of my dogs........Rog
Old 04-09-2003, 09:01 PM
Bipe Flyer

Default new pic

Is your dog's name Autumn? You have text between the headers but it doesn't actually point to anything. I guess you're trying to upload a picture, not display one that is already on a web site.

Prole gave good instructions. Just click on the browse button on the bottom of the page and select the picture you want to upload.
Old 04-10-2003, 12:18 AM
flyinrog

Default new pic

yes my dogs name is autumn, and Prole did give good instructs but am still having trouble finding them,, Hey I did get the wings covered tonight...and sent my taxes off this morning.. ,,yeah me, I might even get a chance to fly this weekend..the "design" that is...if it ever stops raining.......Rog

damn still nothin!
Old 04-13-2003, 07:58 AM
MR Flyer57

Default new pic

Hey Rog,
I too was at a loss about posting pictures and the instructions are great but missing one little point that I would have needed and only found by digging a little. I never used the expanded reply feature, just the box at the bottom of the page. When I hit the black "click here" and got to the other reply area and looked at the bottom of the page it all came together. I have not posted a picture yet but will try it in my next post.
Marshall
Old 04-13-2003, 08:06 AM
MR Flyer57

Default try all the options?

I will try the attach file box below,,, hope it works.
This is a hoot, shooting paint balls at a plane.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	70309_11781.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	29.5 KB
ID:	41813  
Old 04-13-2003, 10:16 PM
prole

Default new pic

OH MY GOD!!!!

why in the HECK are you shooting at that poor plane, and is the owner going to kicker yer butt or what?
Old 04-13-2003, 11:47 PM
MR Flyer57

Default Sorry off thread (won't happen again)

Ha Ha,
We had a little fund raiser at our last scimitar meet. It was a paint ball shoot, you bought the paint balls there and used the guns that were donated. It was a hit but after two meets and many satisfied customers, we deemed it just over the unsafe line and stopped doing it. We really had a blast and copied it from some friends in Idaho.
Sorry to get off the thread :disappoin
Also the owner is doing the flying at this meet! Here is a picture of the plane and owner

Name:	70421_11781.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	59.0 KB
ID:	41814  
Old 04-14-2003, 12:21 AM
soarrich
My Feedback: (98)

Default new pic

Good shooting.
Old 04-14-2003, 02:06 AM
jboy381-RCU

Default Re: try all the options?

Originally posted by MR Flyer57
I will try the attach file box below,,, hope it works.
This is a hoot, shooting paint balls at a plane.

did ya'll bring the bird down?i'm guessing it kinda like a turkey shoot.
Old 04-14-2003, 04:49 AM
MR Flyer57

Default Now we are way off thread,

Please understand that I have veered off thread here because I was trying to use all the features of this site, and answer questions for Rog. I just put that picture up because it was handy.

If I get flamed I deserve it.

Now to the fun part! Yes we knocked the first ones out of the sky, but the funnest part was when I was flying one of the planes, when the receiver was turned off by a lucky paint ball shot.
We were in a little town called Wells Nevada and we were lucky in that we had a million miles of desert to crash in. It went into a shallow dive only to recover, climb and make another round, the circle got more erratic and it climbed a little more each time and dived a little closer to the earth with each lap around the circle. I knew that I didn't have it and gave the transmitter to a fellow member and told him I didn't want the crash on my conscience and he in turn gave the transmitter to the owner of the plane with the same story. The funny part is that with no real panic, no one knew the plane was on its own until they had the transmitter and then it was too late to give it back.
We modified two trainers with limited success and finely used a unmodified Scimitar airpland called the Zippity do da. It was used over and over with only slight damage. A paint ball will go right through a built up wing without stopping, and will take out anything in its way, but a sheeted foam wing will take anything you can throw at it.

If you liked that you will love my roadrunner towing up Old Glory at the start of the day. We played the Star Spanged Banner every morning to start the funfly.
Marshall

Name:	70536_11781.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	21.0 KB
ID:	41815  
Old 04-14-2003, 07:13 AM
flyinrog

Default new pic

well like you said its my thread ,but hey, I'm lovin it, I thinka SPAD would be in order but it looks like it would be a blast!! and besides, I'm always learning new stuff on these forums...Rog

just not how to put up a pic yet
Old 04-14-2003, 11:19 AM
soarrich
My Feedback: (98)

Default new pic

Rog
There's a test forum on RCU that's there so you can play with it until you get it right without getting chops busted.
Old 04-14-2003, 11:44 AM
MR Flyer57

Default new pic

what problems are you having Rog?

I will try to find out just where things are going astray and get you published.

I takes a little time but walk me through your actions and lets see if we can make it happen.

Also we can cut out a lot of time if i know that your starting on the page that will allow you to add the smile faces. It must be the one that has the browse button near the bottom of the page.

I have to go out of town for two days and should be back tomorrow afternoon. I'm starting to hate trains.
Marshall
Old 04-14-2003, 06:19 PM
prole

Default new pic

Yeah Rog, Marshall has the right idea-

Tell us exactly what you are doing, step by step, and don't leave anything out. Maybe we can figure out what the deal is. About 1/3 of the beauty of this site is being able to post pictures of what you are doing.

And you have a digital camera, you just have no excuse.

your turn...

the pushy prole