Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > "1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes
Reload this Page >

It must be the collectability! Another Cox gotta have?

Community
Search
Notices
"1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes These are the small ones...more popular now than ever.

It must be the collectability! Another Cox gotta have?

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2008, 03:03 PM
build light

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default It must be the collectability! Another Cox gotta have?

Most of us know about how Cox items are fetch rather high prices in a particular marketplace.
This particular item caught my eye 110219343137.
It is the well known red plastic Cox Tee Dee tank mount. This one is in its blisterpack on a card and though the tank mount seems pristeen the card and blister are not. I will say the card is darn better than most but for a large crease and the blister is crushed on one corner.

Most of us here realise there are better and larger tanks than these ever were. The fuji film cannister probably ranks way up there and costs way under the $29 dollar plus amount currently bid on this one.

Robert
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ki18837.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	46.4 KB
ID:	869134  
Old 02-05-2008, 11:54 AM
lildiesel

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: It must be the collectability! Another Cox gotta have?

I've got one. Made a great tank mount for my Webra Piccolo .049 diesel when I was building 1/2A reproductions of early FF models for one or two channel flying. It's in a box somewhere waiting. I wonder what its like inside after fifteen years of disuse? []
Old 02-05-2008, 03:52 PM
gabe200
My Feedback: (21)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yea i saw that i have one i never use it i guess its good for a power pod for a glider
Old 02-05-2008, 10:59 PM
OzMo
My Feedback: (3)

there seems to be a bunch of those on th e bay now so prices might be better
Old 02-06-2008, 02:29 AM
jetpack
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I bet if you walked into the guy's hobby room that paid that amount for a packaged tank mount would look like the best supplied cox hobby shop on the planet - that would have to be one of my last choices for a NIP product for a NIP collection.

I dream of something like that...a whole pegboard wall full of hooks and NIP hanging everywhere for every type of Cox motor.

As far as buying a tank mount just to rip out of the package and help bust up the nose on a control liner for that amount...I would have to think more of the lines of a film canister would be the best way to go.
Old 02-06-2008, 06:39 AM
Big Al-RCU

Can you believe someone paid $40 ($34.02 + $6.00 S&H) for a $4.00 tank mount? Only a couple of years ago Cox had all you wanted for $3.99. I stocked up on quite a few at that price, ref post # 10 in Brian’s thread ‘Have you ever seen such a thing?’

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_45...tm.htm#4518033

I sort of meant for that post to be a heads up to the group for a bargain, (but it may have been too late).

Al Lenz

PS Even tho they carry the same P/N the older and newer versions are slightly different. The earlier one in the bubble pack is un-drilled and comes with 4 nuts and bolts. The newer one is drilled and comes with 4 sheet metal screws.

PSS I will sell either type postpaid, gift wrapped, and include a free box of chocolates for $40.00.
al