Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > "1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes
Reload this Page >

M.A.N. Sukhoi foldout plans

Community
Search
Notices
"1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes These are the small ones...more popular now than ever.

M.A.N. Sukhoi foldout plans

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2003, 02:08 PM
cropdusterdave
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default M.A.N. Sukhoi foldout plans

Hey guys,

I was digging through my file folders yesterday and came across some of those fold out plans from Model Airplane News years ago. Maybe 12 yrs ago or so? I dunno, anyway, I have that extra 3.25 .25 size ship and plans for this cute little Nick Zirolli sp? Sukhoi. It's something like a .075-.09 size. Looks darn cute and I bet it'd be fun to fly....and simple to build. Anybody ever have one of these things? I have an O.S. fp .10 sitting around collecting dust that may work for it.....if I don't build another Lazy Bee for it.

I'm getting into this small stuff big time.
Old 04-17-2003, 03:28 PM
prole
My Feedback: (3)

I've never built one, but I got the plans about a month ago and they look really nice. I love the Sukhoi's and this is the only 1/2a one that I could find.

A guy named WildFred, who is a local here scratch built his own and that made me want one even more.

If you do get to building it, please give us a full report. I want to hear all about it. I have about a million projects right now, but...

someday.....

timothy
Old 04-17-2003, 03:41 PM
wild fred

hobby hangar kits the ziroli one, it rocks w/ a norvel 15. there is a pix on the web, i can post if you guys wanna see it?
Old 04-17-2003, 04:18 PM
prole

yeah, I would love to see it...

Who stocks Hobby Hanger stuff? Where can I find one?

thanks WildFred
Old 04-17-2003, 05:18 PM
phuffstatler
My Feedback: (20)

Default baby sukhoi

Yeah, a friend of mine in the area who's passed away now built one from the fold out plans. He started with Cox .074 Queen Bee(?) on it, and I don't think we ever got it off the ground. Certainly we never got it to run worth a toot. Went to a OS .10 (I think) and it flew around ok.

The main thing is, Keep It Light. I remember the .10 powered one coming in pretty fast, and it falls out earlier than you think. Would twist and turn in the sky though.

I'd go with WildFred's suggestion with the Norvel .15. Light and strong. Of course, if what you're looking for is something to do with the OS .10....

two coppers worth,

phil in austin
Old 04-17-2003, 05:30 PM
soarrich
My Feedback: (98)

A guy here has one with a enya .09 in it, it hauls a--. Looks like a lot of fun.
Old 04-17-2003, 11:34 PM
wild fred

here is a pic of the h.h. sukhoi, norvel 15. is/was owned by ky. flier, he posts here occaisionally, has a me262 for avatar (which flies awesome, b.t.w.!) I flew it dozens of times. it was fun, only had one bad habit; it was rough on pavement w/ only a skid! if throttled too fast on blacktop, instant donut!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	71534_19598.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	49.7 KB
ID:	43189  
Old 04-17-2003, 11:59 PM
cropdusterdave
My Feedback: (2)

It just looks like such a cutey. Building season here in the northland is quickly becomming flying season however. Have to wait till next winter I guess. Of course, by then I'll have thought of 20 other projects to start on.
Old 04-18-2003, 03:36 AM
prole

Wow, I really like that,

so I say again, where can I get one, I googled and came up with Hobby Hanger as a hobby store in Indinana.

pleeeease.
Old 04-18-2003, 03:39 AM
RC_Redneck

Hi guys, I built this plane in January.I stretched it out to 37 inches and 2 inches longer,I used Hitec 81's and a Magnum 10.It weighs 24 oz and it fly's great.I'm sorry I don't have any pictures.I also have another plane that I scratch built ,it's based on House Of Balsa's Extra 300L a little 10 size profile.Once again I scaled it up to 37.5 inches 325 sq.ins a little longer with the same flight gear and a Norval 15 ,it fly's even better much better.Knife edge circle's, inverted flight ,snap roll spins,flat spin and even hover are all very capable and super comfortable.Out of all the planes I have to fly,I always seem to go back to that one.
Old 04-18-2003, 03:58 AM
fritzke
My Feedback: (1)

Hobbyhangar.com of course! I just got their .25 Typhoon for Christmas (I love in-laws that understand who I am and don't give me aftershave and wallets!).
I built that Sukhoi fromt he plans as soon as I got them, but never got around to covering it! Sized it for a Cox 09 TeeDee R/C
which was around at the time. It is VERY light though, I have no doubt a Norvell .074 would be plenty for it. I hear it is squirrely on the ground.
Daze
Old 04-18-2003, 10:18 AM
wild fred

yeah, h.h. used to be in ky. just south of cincinnatti, but they sold to a guy here in fla., melbourne, i think. http://www.hobbyhangar.com/test/ is it! haven't looked at the page, but there it is! I use dogpile to search, it finds about everything.
Old 04-21-2003, 10:11 PM
Ky Flyer

I still got that poor little Sukhoi Ron and I used to Abuse. Poor things sitting there with no guts in it.

Lets see if i can attach the pic of it here......

Old 04-21-2003, 10:13 PM
Ky Flyer

Ooops! Sorry about the repost of the pic.. You can tell i have no attention to detail.
Old 04-21-2003, 10:26 PM
prole

Thanks for that site Wild Fred, that Mini Edge 540 is pretty nice looking too.

Seems like that has popped up here before.

t
Old 04-21-2003, 11:33 PM
wild fred

Mark-attention to detail? if they could only see the paint job on the pilot, you couldn't make them beleive that!
Old 04-24-2003, 03:16 AM
Sport Flyer
My Feedback: (10)

I scratched mine from the MAN plans about 7 years ago. Webra .09 for power. Sub micros for everything except elevator. 170 mah battery pack. Fully aerobatic. Releatively quick, but could actually use a bit more power for vertical. Probably gonna either retire it or sell it soon.