Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > "1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes
Reload this Page >

Where's Tim Wiltse?

Community
Search
Notices
"1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes These are the small ones...more popular now than ever.

Where's Tim Wiltse?

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2008, 09:04 AM
fireman7875
My Feedback: (7)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where's Tim Wiltse?

Anyone heard from Tim in a while? His last post was August of last year.

Brian
Old 04-18-2008, 09:44 AM
flyinrog
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Where's Tim Wiltse?

He's been AWOL for half a year,, I tried to get my nephew to go by and see whats up, but my sister said no she would do it, that was a couple of weeks ago and I havent heard yet, will check with her this weekend...Rog
Old 04-18-2008, 04:51 PM
Raymond LeFlyr
My Feedback: (2)

Guys, I feel very uncomfortable asking this of the Carolina 1/2A Crew (that is, the guys who know, like, miss, and have flown with him) but I can't decide what to do. Here's my problem

I gave Tim a TD .010 to anodize and make pretty like only he can do quite a while ago. He did acknowledge on this forum that he did owe me work on the engine but I haven't received it yet. I can fully understand that 'stuff' (or "S***) happens - particularly when children and family are involved. On the other hand . . .

So here's what I was thinking that I would send him a pre-postage-paid, pre-addressed, box so that all he had to do was drop the engine in and put it back in his mailbox (I checked at the PO and they said it was OK for small packages). I would include a letter saying basically, that if he can return the engine at this time, fine. But if not, I can understand that too. No more questions asked, I promise.

Am I being too pushy? And if you think I'm being a jerk, its OK to tell me - I just don't know anymore.

Jeeze guys, for those of you who know me and have talked about this before, you know that I feel S***Y about this whole deal but I kinda would like the engine back too.
Old 04-18-2008, 05:01 PM
flyinrog

I dont think your being pushy or a jerk at all, I just dont think you'll get a response, so I wouldnt waste the postage...I could be wrong,, and I will put a little pressure on sis to get by there and see what she can find out from his neighbors....Rog
Old 04-18-2008, 06:20 PM
MJD

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

There is nothing wrong with asking to send it back for now, esp in the manner you are planning to do so - you are making it as convenient as possible and asking for your own engine back nicely is perfectly reasonable. If you get no response then you know something is serious enough to prevent any kind of response, but perhaps down the road he can deal with it when able. No matter what, at some point he will need to either do the work or send you the engine back if he is not able to do so - it is the right thing to do. You're only being pushy if you get in his face about it, but being a nice guy about it is okay IMHO.

MJD
Old 04-18-2008, 11:50 PM
Toad

I think if I were anywhere close to his residence in my travels in the state, I would just drop in on him, ask about the engine, if he has not done anything just politly ask for it back and be done with it. thats not pushy and it solves it nicely
Old 04-19-2008, 12:06 AM
combatpigg
My Feedback: (3)

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

I'm also curious about the college kid who was making a 1/2A engine with Tim, he showed some parts......then vanished. If we all had a nickle for every incomplete project ever posted here.......
Old 04-19-2008, 06:54 AM
ProBroJoe

ORIGINAL: Raymond LeFlyr

Am I being too pushy? And if you think I'm being a jerk, its OK to tell me - I just don't know anymore.
Oh my gosh Raymond, you gotta be kidding! You couldn't make it any easier for the man, and it's certainly understandable why you would want your goods returned. Toad's approach (at this point) certainly wouldn't be unreasonable... I think most who have had dealings with Tim have been considerate of his circumstances, but I think it's time for you all to remind him of his business obligations.

Old 04-19-2008, 07:10 AM
ProBroJoe

Ummm... I'd hold off sending anything to Tim's old address...

http://localism.com/article/267513/F...39-Castle-Rock
Old 04-19-2008, 08:18 AM
DeviousDave

ORIGINAL: ProBroJoe

Well, there you go guys-a way to get ahold of him.
Old 04-19-2008, 11:27 AM
flyinrog

ORIGINAL: DeviousDave

ORIGINAL: ProBroJoe

Well, there you go guys-a way to get ahold of him.
No, my sister is 20 miles south of him and googled his number and its disconnected and it was different than the one I had anyway...still dont know the circumstances, but I guess if he wanted us to know he'd have told us..guess I could call the realty company, but it looks to me like has left already...Rog
Old 04-19-2008, 04:10 PM
BSARGE

I will drive by there this evening, it's about a 20-30 minute drive from my house, I will post what I find tonight...

-Bill
Old 04-19-2008, 05:12 PM
BSARGE

uhhhh, cancel that for now...I typed in his address in the gps and he is over an hour from me....I'll have to find another time to check....sorry

-Bill
Old 04-19-2008, 10:21 PM
dieFluggeister

I have sent a similar letter to him Raymond - minus the postage paid box...

It was received, and ignored. As he has ignored my emails on this site, his own web site, and a machininst site that I found he was a member of.

Tim has a Norvel 0.74 of mine that I loaned him for the construction of his turbo head. Had less than 2hrs run time on it with original box and papers.

A simple answer in any form would suffice, but to be ignored really burns my balsa. I think I have given Tim every opportuntiy to at least provide an explanation.
Old 04-19-2008, 11:37 PM
Falco250

Tim posted an RFQ in January 2008, to produce 25 back plates

http://www.cnczone.com/forums/search...archid=2285206

So I guess he's still active.
Old 04-20-2008, 01:32 AM
combatpigg

I guess you can run but you can't hide? This is sobering news. Falco [sounds like a good name for a TV show detective?] has shown me enough to form an opinion. Tim has traded a few friendships here for about $500 worth of stuff? He was always the one to know what everything is worth, TDs, RR1s, Camaros, you name it......does he know what a good reputation is worth?
Enough time has passed already....looks like the 1/2A forum might have to induct another member into its' Hall of Shame?
Tim Herzog will always hold the honor of being HoF inductee 1 for taking $100 worth of 1/2A forum tee shirt money, now he will have company.
I would chime in over at that machinist forum and warn the unsuspecting fellows there that TW isn't anyone to do business with.
Old 04-20-2008, 03:09 AM
BMatthews

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

Falco, I'm assuming you're a member over there. I can't even see the search you linked to since I'm not a member and don't want to register

Could you post Tim a PM and remind him that he's still got unfinished business over here? Include a link to this thread if you want.

Tieing up all the loose ends here would go a long way to at least gaining back some of the reputation that has been so damaged over these items.
Old 04-20-2008, 03:42 AM
SGC

From the posts in that link, Tim is outsourceing work, ie he's getting parts made for himself, which points to him not haveing his machines anymore. Maybe he is trying to build engines to tie up loose ends ? or at least get restarted.
Stewart
Old 04-20-2008, 08:41 AM
rrragmanliam

ORIGINAL: combatpigg

*I guess you can run but you can't hide?.........
*Tim has traded a few friendships here for about $500 worth of stuff?.........
*Enough time has passed already....looks like the 1/2A forum might have to induct another member into its' Hall of Shame?
I Agree! We all deal with the ups and downs of life. Theres probably no one in this forum that hasn' t had life throw a pile of crud at them. You still have to keep it together and do whats right. With a little explaning and communication Tim could still save face a right the ship, it needs to be sooner than later though.
Old 04-20-2008, 08:44 AM
rainedave

I've wondered if maybe he didn't have health insurance or his insurance didn't cover his daughter's illness and his own injuries. It's beginning to sound like he may have lost everything somehow, his house and all. Still, that's not a valid reason to cut off all communication with customers. On a different note, what's the connection between Valentine and Tim? About the time Tim disappeared Valentine's *bay listings increased. He even had an engine called the "Hyper Speed." I wonder if Tim tried to sue Valentine, or vice versa?

David
Old 04-20-2008, 10:38 AM
combatpigg

Is Valentine the name of the college kid who was in the advanced machine shop class? I remember for awhile he was posting photos of very nice and quickly turned out 1/2A engine parts. I don't recall ever seeing the finished engine.
Old 04-20-2008, 11:11 AM
BTerry
My Feedback: (8)

I don't know about that, but I thought Jon Valentine was Ron's son? Anyway he is a talented machinist, especially if one ignores all the garbage Ron did/went through.
Old 04-20-2008, 11:55 AM
Clean

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

Hope the guy is alright, but sometimes life takes a big ole dump on you and model airplanes is the last thing you want to think of.

I hope everything works out for everyone in the end.
Old 04-20-2008, 01:42 PM
hogflyer

Looks like the last time Tim was on the CNC site was, per his profile: "Last Activity: 02-05-2008 04:47 PM". Guess he's gone MIA from there too? Just hope everything is OK with him.

Hogflyer
Old 04-20-2008, 02:44 PM
Raymond LeFlyr
My Feedback: (2)

Well,

I guess I'll save the postage and watch the 'Bay for another TD .010. But its hard to turn your back on someone you like(d).

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.