Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > "1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes
Reload this Page >

VA for Norvel trade anyone?

Community
Search
Notices
"1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes These are the small ones...more popular now than ever.

VA for Norvel trade anyone?

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2008, 10:15 AM
Schu
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default VA for Norvel trade anyone?

At one time someone was trying to set up a process here for trades between those of us w/ lots of stuff, but w/o money trading hands.
So here goes...
I have a couple of NIB Norvel Big Mig .061 RC's ( new version ) and would be willing to trade 1 to someone w/ a VA .049 RC.
I have been reading a bit about them and would like to try one. I prefer the RC version, but would consider the non-rc.
I also have some extra Cox engines ( .020 Pee wee's, .020 TD, .049/.051 TD's, .049 Golden Bee, and others mostly used, but in good shape ) if that is what someone would rather use in a trade. Lot's of options here
Let me know if anyone is interested.
Dale
Old 09-10-2008, 10:43 AM
MJD
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: VA for Norvel trade anyone?

ORIGINAL: Schu

At one time someone was trying to set up a process here for trades between those of us w/ lots of stuff, but w/o money trading hands.
So here goes...
I have a couple of NIB Norvel Big Mig .061 RC's ( new version ) and would be willing to trade 1 to someone w/ a VA .049 RC.
I have been reading a bit about them and would like to try one. I prefer the RC version, but would consider the non-rc.
I also have some extra Cox engines ( .020 Pee wee's, .020 TD, .049/.051 TD's, .049 Golden Bee, and others mostly used, but in good shape ) if that is what someone would rather use in a trade. Lot's of options here
Dale
Sorry Dale, I hope I didn't spoil your quest by raving about how much I liked the VA MkII R/C. Esp

As Larry mentioned, less than 100 made it to North America. Okay guys, CONFESS! Where are they? I want more! [sm=angry.gif]

MJD
Old 09-10-2008, 11:52 AM
ajcoholic
My Feedback: (10)

ORIGINAL: MJD

So here goes...
Dale
Sorry Dale, I hope I didn't spoil your quest by raving about how much I liked the VA MkII R/C. Esp

As Larry mentioned, less than 100 made it to North America. Okay guys, CONFESS! Where are they? I want more! [sm=angry.gif]

MJD
Well, three of the MKII RC's are here in Kirkland Lake, ON... I have about 5 of the MKI's and a few I converted to RC with Tarno carbs and custom mufflers. But the MKII is a fine, fine engine.

AJC
Old 09-10-2008, 12:05 PM
RocketRob

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Send your MKI VA engines to me! Keep the Pee Wee Penetrator in action!
Swap or trade cash!
Old 09-10-2008, 12:15 PM
Schu

Ok Andrew - I bite - You in for a trade?
Mike - I had chances to get one before, but just did not think they were any better then what I had - still not sure,but would like to try one. Yours sounds like it is running great. Did you ever use the AME?
Dale
Old 09-10-2008, 12:15 PM
MJD

ORIGINAL: ajcoholic
Well, three of the MKII RC's are here in Kirkland Lake, ON... I have about 5 of the MKI's and a few I converted to RC with Tarno carbs and custom mufflers. But the MKII is a fine, fine engine.
AJC
I think you don't need them anymore, and I should drive up and pick them up. It's not too far.

MJD
Old 09-10-2008, 05:16 PM
ajcoholic
My Feedback: (10)

ORIGINAL: MJD

AJC
I think you don't need them anymore, and I should drive up and pick them up. It's not too far.

MJD
Sorry, I was just teasing. I am hanging on to the VA's as they are currently flying planes. I have some NIB norvels as well so I am good for now.

My 3 VA MKII's are my favorite. They are like fine jewelry!

AJC

PS Orangeville is at least 6 to 6 1/2 hours drive... come on up
Old 09-10-2008, 06:23 PM
DeviousDave

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well, I'd be game but I am sitting on almost 30 Norvels.[>:]

I'd trade for a Mp Jet Diesel though.....[8D]
Old 09-10-2008, 06:58 PM
MJD

Ok Andrew - I bite - You in for a trade?
Mike - I had chances to get one before, but just did not think they were any better then what I had - still not sure,but would like to try one. Yours sounds like it is running great. Did you ever use the AME?
Dale
No, I have never run it. Coincidentally, I pulled it out of the 1/2A drawer and was fondling it last night. I just made a test stand, I've been without for a while, and unless somebody else wants the engine I will probably tackle running it in sometime in the next 2-3 weeks to see what it's manners are like. I think I have a few plugs too. I'd be happy to trade someone for a VA MkII, but I think that is like saying I'd be happy to trade my '96 F150 pickup for an '05. Unless someone collects those '96's. I'd still consider trading for something interesting. I'm sure the .061 will put out decent power but I imagine the throttling is not up to the VA. Dunno personally, yet.

I'd definitely trade for an OPS .60 RIRE 5-port. Sound good anyone?

I'd be happy to buy 2 or 3 more of these VA's if I could find them, I'd sell my wife's car if need be.

MJD
Old 09-10-2008, 07:00 PM
MJD

PS Orangeville is at least 6 to 6 1/2 hours drive... come on up
Careful you don't kid around too much, you might find me on your doorstep before you know it.

Seriously now (well, I was partially serious before) how do your MkI's compare to the MkII in terms of throttlability and performance?

MJD
Old 09-10-2008, 08:47 PM
Schu

Dave,
I do have a NIB MP Jet BB RC, but it's glow - not sure I want to trade that - it's the only one I have.
Dale
Old 09-10-2008, 08:52 PM
Schu

Maybe I need to just sell a couple of the NIB Norvels on the bay and buy one of the Profi's .049 or .061.
Mid 30's - sounds like fun.
Dale
Old 09-10-2008, 09:32 PM
DeviousDave

Dave,
I do have a NIB MP Jet BB RC, but it's glow - not sure I want to trade that - it's the only one I have.
Dale

Got two of 'em and four diesels. The glow motors are neat, but the Diesels are 'special'.... The MP Jet and MVVS .15 are what made me ever want a diesel in the first place!

ETA: What else ya got?
Old 09-10-2008, 09:38 PM
DeviousDave

ORIGINAL: ajcoholic But the MKII is a fine, fine engine.

AJC
Haven't run either of mine, but I have to say that you are setting the bar pretty high.... The Mk1s are my most cherished engines in my collection. Everything a 1/2A should be: Light, powerful, needle well, very quiet with the muffler, and adjustable timing to boot. Just lovely.
Old 09-10-2008, 10:20 PM
MJD

ORIGINAL: DeviousDave

ORIGINAL: ajcoholic But the MKII is a fine, fine engine.

AJC
Haven't run either of mine, but I have to say that you are setting the bar pretty high.... The Mk1s are my most cherished engines in my collection. Everything a 1/2A should be: Light, powerful, needle well, very quiet with the muffler, and adjustable timing to boot. Just lovely.
I have two MkI's and I love 'em. The MkII raises a different bar, so to speak, because with the final iteration square carb it works so darn beautifully compared to all the other throttled (off the shelf) tiny engines I've run or heard about. Plus, it isn't too shabby for power either. The carb is a little porky with all the brass and a bit of extra metal (but saved some machining) here and there. IIRC the carb is pushing 20 grams while the motor itself is what, 9-10 grams more than the MkI or so?

MJD
Old 09-11-2008, 03:52 AM
flyinrog

I got what I am guessing is one of the last VA's if there indeed were only 100 of them brought in,,got it from Kitting it Together a couple of years ago, still in my engine box, never fired, but I too have several Norvels from .049 to .074 and am in no hurry to let mine go ....I heard one a couple years ago at the field and it was a scary screamer!! I'd stop a teedee with my tongue before I put a finger near a VA prop turned up,,mine is the mkII rc version....Rog
Old 09-11-2008, 07:12 AM
MJD

ORIGINAL: flyinrog

I got what I am guessing is one of the last VA's if there indeed were only 100 of them brought in,,got it from Kitting it Together a couple of years ago, still in my engine box, never fired, but I too have several Norvels from .049 to .074 and am in no hurry to let mine go ....I heard one a couple years ago at the field and it was a scary screamer!! I'd stop a teedee with my tongue before I put a finger near a VA prop turned up,,mine is the mkII rc version....Rog
Then you have an absolute sweetheart of an .049, and it deserves an appopriate aircraft or you'll be banished from the 1/2A forum. Or maybe I have something in my collection you really want.. heh heh.. [8D]

MJD
Old 09-11-2008, 07:17 AM
RocketRob

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

What else ya got?
Ok Dave, how'bout td .020's, Gmark .3 Hummingbird, Gmark .061

Oh yeah, I don't need no stinkin carb or muffler for mine
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	He97153.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	1.62 MB
ID:	1030728  
Old 09-11-2008, 04:12 PM
DeviousDave

ORIGINAL: RocketRob

What else ya got?
Ok Dave, how'bout td .020's, Gmark .3 Hummingbird, Gmark .061

Oh yeah, I don't need no stinkin carb or muffler for mine

Got 3, 3, and 2, LoL.

Man, I'd like to see that sucker go... I gotta stop screwing around and get mine airborne before the snow falls! We sort of lost our field in Roseveille though....