Community
Search
Notices
"1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes These are the small ones...more popular now than ever.

LA .10 any good?

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2008, 03:27 PM
Mr Cox

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: LA .10 any good?

ORIGINAL: FastBoater
I have a thunder tiger .07 that runs just like the os max LAs. with tons of power!!! They have the best idle!!! The on and off power is the best, and they are very light weight engines!!! THE BEST EVER!!!!!!!
Irony at its best....? [sm=tired.gif]
Old 11-28-2008, 03:50 PM
combatpigg
My Feedback: (3)

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

Fastboater probably buys his engines directly from Andy Woitiwicz after he's gone through them with a fine tooth comb
Old 11-28-2008, 05:54 PM
flyinrog
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: FastBoater

The LA 10 and LA 15 are the best little engines I have ever seen, they have tons of power!!! They take my homemade fun-flys (40" and 30"Balsa build up with hanger9 transparent cover) and go straight up, I have a thunder tiger .07 that runs just like the os max LAs. with tons of power!!! They have the best idle!!! The on and off power is the best, and they are very light weight engines!!! THE BEST EVER!!!!!!!
Nothin like good enthusiam from a newcomer..welcome FB, I do like my la .15,,the .10la went in in about 5 feet havent built anything for it again,, and I screwed my .07 thunder tiger up when I took it apart, dont really know how, still have it,....Rog
Old 11-29-2008, 01:23 PM
skyraider71

ORIGINAL: airraptor

Thats wh y there is throttle's lol buy the 15 then throttle back. save money in the long run with the 15.

theHOB kit is over engineered. get rid of the bass dowls for leading edge, bass spars, get new light one piece fus sides, dont add the 1/32 ply fus stiffners, and so on. plus this thing has around 300sq" to so you could even cut a wing bay out
It's too late for me to substitutue the dowels, I framed up the wings last Sunday. It looks like I'll have to sand
away some of the them anyway. There are several places in the fuselage where it looks like I could cut lightnening
holes. The fuse sides, the tank floor, and those ply doublers. I may even omit them as you sugest. I picked up my
LA .10 yesterday, I may have to set my engine test bench back up! Anyone have any prop sugestions?
Old 11-29-2008, 01:59 PM
combatpigg
My Feedback: (3)

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

The best test bench is the plane itself. All you need is a few 7x3s and go have some fun!
Old 11-30-2008, 01:00 PM
airraptor
My Feedback: (66)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

if you do omit the ply fus doublers you will have to cut small strips out where all formers go unless your skills allow mods.
Old 11-30-2008, 10:20 PM
skyraider71

Perhaps I could "swiss cheese" those fuse doublers so I can shave a little weight, and still
be able to locate everything. Hopefully I can make some headway on the model tonight,
maybe I'll post a few pics.[sm=shades_smile.gif]