Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > "1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes
Reload this Page >

Simple Series Corsair

Community
Search
Notices
"1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes These are the small ones...more popular now than ever.

Simple Series Corsair

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2010, 09:00 PM
flyinrog
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Simple Series Corsair

I guess they stopped making them,,I havent really looked for a plane for some time, so I dont know when they stopped making them, but thats what I was bidding on , on the bay,,,set my limit and lost by $1, its ok, I got enough to do...this weekend is a perfect example of how this is not a relaxing hobby,,took me about 2 half days (and I quit drinking!!) to mount a small outrunner on a wee stick,,,had to go across town just to get shrink tube for the too short wires that came with the crappy little motor and now ,,I'm not sure it even has the power to fly the dang thing and had to cut up and solder all manner of things to make ends to charge the lipo's...seems they all come with deans/no/or different connectors and they can be male or female...walked all over the house thinking, its a good thing I have so much crap (that just got demoted to junk) for this hobby...I feel better now, course now its gonna snow and sleet again tomorrow.....Rog
Old 02-14-2010, 11:38 PM
Bipe Flyer

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: Simple Series Corsair

Shouldn't this be in the "grumpy old men" thread? Sorry Rog, I couldn't resist.

They still have the SS Corsair on the ACE website, so you should be able to find one somewhere. http://www.acehobby.com/ace/ACE4242.htm
Old 02-15-2010, 12:19 AM
build light

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Forest Gump's mother once said: " Grumpy is as Grumpy does"

Rog, This is one that we need to find the plan of and preserve for future reference methinks.

I know this is hardly the same thing but it is the roughly the right size. RCM plan Corsair for .o49-.10 engines. http://www.rcmplans.com/index.php?ma...oducts_id=1504

What I was thinking was that you could build this pretty much as is but as for the wing, substitute the Ace foam wing sections to simplify the overall build. The dimensions for the panels would be indicated on the plan and the angles as well.

Robert
Old 02-15-2010, 01:46 AM
flyinrog

Bipe, you cant order from the Ace site, you can only find dealers on there..and the 2 suppliers I have gotten Ace planes from have both removed them from their sites...not like I really need another plane anyway, what I need to do is get my camera fixed and sell some engines...
Robert, the foam wing is one of the reasons I wanted the simple series....Rog
Old 02-15-2010, 04:26 PM
Jaspur_x

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I will have to search dilligently through my favorites list tonight , I had found a suplier that had 5 ( I think 5 ) in stock back in december or november , but I was preoccupied with getting my son`s yardbee and my ladybug for some odd reason.

I wanted one just to have because I always wanted one since I was a kid , and for the one day when my eyes need a larger model than I like now.
. I always loved the gull wing design since watching BaBa blacksheep as a kid.
I have one of the little coxes hanging up just for look-see`s.

I thought that the ace kit would be a marginal flyer if folowing the instructions and not using anything larger than a teedee049.
Old 02-19-2010, 12:54 PM
ajcoholic
My Feedback: (10)

Rog,
I am in the process of moving... and selling my house here in Kirkland Lake (long story short, I am moving my home and business to another town to be closer to my wife's work and so we dont have to commute)

I found a NIB but slightly dinged up Ace SS Corsair (among other things) while cleaning out the closet I store stuff in...! I will probably not get to it anytime soon. If you want it, email me and I will ship it to you... free.

I am trying hard to get back into 1/2A, but my interests these days (and much less time to spend on the hobby than I had years ago) into turbine jets and IMAC.

Take care..

AJC [email protected]
Old 02-19-2010, 12:58 PM
ajcoholic

PS I also found two sets of ace wings (tapered I think) I must have gotten years ago at a swap meet or something.

And, get this a NIB Kamdax MIG15, I remember buying two at Tower Hobbies, built and flew one (still have it) and I must have put the 2nd one away for safe keeping... its got the starter, engine/fan, etc. I have to build that one this summer as my 1st is pretty hammered up.

What other cool things I will find, who knows... I should have moved sooner!
AJC
Old 02-19-2010, 01:58 PM
flyinrog

Email sent, questions asked,,hate you have to move the home and business and all,,geeeez, thats a lot of work....Rog

But hey its good to see you again,
Old 02-19-2010, 05:32 PM
fireman7875
My Feedback: (7)

Wow, AJ, haven't seen you on here in forever! You must have left Fly RC; I haven't seen an article from you in a while. Good to have you back. I have been on a 1/2 a hiatus myself for awhile.

Brian
Old 02-19-2010, 06:45 PM
ajcoholic

Nope, I am still writing for Fy RC (they have one review which should be in print soon). Just had to take some time off, since my woodworking business selling/rebuilding is a huge endevour for me, and I am also moving all my stuff to a new house. I am missing the reviewing of engines, and hopefully will get back to it later this year when I have a new place to do my testing and work.

The last few years for me have been very "unpredictable" when it comes to flying... I hope this summer I will have more time to spend at the field.

I still have 5 or so 1/2A planes flyable and lots of fuel

AJC
Old 02-23-2010, 06:15 PM
ajcoholic

Rog,
Shipped the kit today... let me know when you get it.

Happy Feb 23

AJC
Old 03-04-2010, 04:41 PM
flyinrog

AJ, I think it came today while I was in the shower,,I was required to sign for it and didnt and I called and they said based on the #'s it was from Canada...So thanks, will go and pick it up tomorrow....could be Karma,,,a friend of my fathers , has called a few times and wants to buy one of my dads ham radio tx's (theres gotta be 10 of them) from me since I am the only one living here in town, I said I would meet him tomorrow for breakfast and then we could pick one out...in all honesty I cant charge him money ...he was a good friend of my dads and when you get to 91,,, you dont have that many friends left.....Rog
Old 03-04-2010, 05:05 PM
ajcoholic

good Karma... I live my life trying to help others, and man, I have been blessed in return with the help of many. I am sure the older gentleman will appreciate the radio a lot.

Rog, you build that Corsair, and fly the heck out of it!

AJC
Old 03-05-2010, 07:08 PM
flyinrog

Got it!..I blew up a DNU plan 10% for a wing I already had, had it locked up in my jig, dogs got to it, ate it...and my brother said no dice on the "free" radio and he is the executor of the estate.....so we'll have to see where karma goes on me....Rog
Old 03-05-2010, 07:48 PM
skaliwag

Well at least he should get it half price. Name wouldn't be 'Neeza', would it?
Old 03-05-2010, 09:47 PM
flyinrog

ORIGINAL: skaliwag

Well at least he should get it half price. Name wouldn't be 'Neeza', would it?
Nope not even close,,he is 84...the real problem is 2 of the "repeater guys" (ham operator) showed up for dads funeral, my brother dealt with the younger one who told him,based on a few pics what we had and what it should go for on the bay...we are also talking about a huge tower/antenna ,,three pipe sections 6 inch pipe on the bottom and a boat wench to raise it 50 feet...took both of us almost a day, and 2 cars to raise that tower 20 years ago....actually I plan to give it to him at 1/4 price, but my brother has to approve it...if he doesnt, then I guess he can spend more of his free time taking care of the stuff....there are reel to reel recorders a good 100 tapes.......too much stuff!!...waaay off track for 1/2a...but thanks again AJ!!....Rog
Old 03-05-2010, 10:06 PM
skaliwag

Hey Rog... Wouldn't be a super 8 projector in amongst the stuff would there?
Old 03-13-2010, 09:10 PM
Jaspur_x

I could`nt find one anywhere so I just ordered an f4u corsair from gravity hobbies. I`m pretty sure it isthe cox micro warbirds style.
I figure when it hets here I will assemble it , which will take about 5 min.
Then find the balance point , and begin chopping down the nose to fit a glow engine onto it. Probably my G-mark 03r/c.

Once balanced out , I will add 3 servos and some packaging tape to the leading edge for a little added strength.