Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > "1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes
Reload this Page >

Randy Randolph Plane Kits?

Community
Search
Notices
"1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes These are the small ones...more popular now than ever.

Randy Randolph Plane Kits?

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2010, 04:01 PM
fritzke
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Randy Randolph Plane Kits?

Also the "Yardbird", an early electric design for a ferrite "Can" 05 motor and nicads.
Mine flew very well, and would be so much better now with a 40% weight reduction.
Like all Randy's planes, simple, functional and a good flier.
Dave
http://www.airagestore.com/plans/rc-.../yardbird.html

Others not mentioned yet (published by MAN):

ECOL
Electroliter
Jodel Bebe
Lil Easy
Minnwatt
Profile Champ
Profile Waco Cabin Bipe
Old 05-31-2010, 09:19 AM
randey

I have a set of plans for Randy's Cheetah to give away along with wing rib templet. Great flyer and has a no bounce landing because of the L/G configuration
Bob Whipple
[email protected]
Old 05-31-2010, 12:02 PM
buzzard bait

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Bob, I sent you a message. Do you have any pics of yours? What did you use for power? It's a nice design and it would be great to hear more about it.

Jim
Old 08-04-2010, 11:33 PM
Mooney_driver

Ijust acquired another copy of the L.F. Randy Randolph 1/2A Mooney that Imentioned a few months ago. Now I am really curious. For 2 copies of this "revised August 2008" plan someone had to have been selling it but so far Ihave not found an actual source. This particular one has a 41 inch span and 287 sq in with 7"cord and 16" horizonatl stab span with 3.75" average stab cord.

The ebay seller was in Michigan so not close to Randy's home and said he got it in a large box of other plans that he had bought.. The seller was a modeler but had no idea where it had come from other than in the big box of stuff.

Has anyone else heard of this plan or have any idea where it was available?

Thank you.

ORIGINAL: Mooney_driver

Does anyone know if there was a list of the Randolph plans? Did he have his own plan service? Ibought a stand off scale Mooney for .10 engine on ebay a year ago that turned out to by by Randy and modified in 2008 by him but Ionly got sheet 1 of the 2 sheet drawing. Page 2 was the templates. That got me to wondering if he had a plan service as this one was not in any magazine (at least not at that time) so Iwondered if he had his own plan service too.
Old 08-05-2010, 09:34 AM
buzzard bait

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Someone already posted it earlier in this thread: Marooney RCM 5/81
Old 08-05-2010, 11:33 PM
Mooney_driver

The Marooney does not match the specs. This one is definitely titled "mooney" and is 2 sheets (30"x42" )and the wing area is different as are the engine specs. This one does not have a date but has a revision date of August 2008. The RCM Marooney is one sheet 24" x 34"

For that reason Ido not think this is the Marooney. Ido not know if it was one that Randy was working on for future publication or not but the title block gives no indication that anyone else had rights to it.

ORIGINAL: buzzard bait

Someone already posted it earlier in this thread: Marooney RCM 5/81