Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > "1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes
Reload this Page >

Rejuvenated 'ol gal

Community
Search
Notices
"1/2 A" & "1/8 A" airplanes These are the small ones...more popular now than ever.

Rejuvenated 'ol gal

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2003, 09:43 PM
DICKEYBIRD

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rejuvenated 'ol gal

Haven't built any exciting new stuff lately but I did build a new wing for my trusty old 1998 KwikStik and spiffed her up with some new equipment. Gawd only knows how many flights she's logged and how many engines have been on her to break-in and verify reliable running.

She was originally 2 channel, pink foam wing, reed valve .049's, then later on I added landing gear, Fuji film tank, throttle servo, sleeve throttled "DickeyBird" TD .049 and a built up wing.

Now she has a shiny new flat wing equipped with ailerons and 2 GWS .35 oz. servos plus the 150 NiCd was replaced with a 280 NiMH, the old .75 oz. Futaba throttle servo was ditched for another lighter GWS one and the old castor gunked throttle rod was replaced. I kept the old 4 ch. Futaba AM rcvr. since it's been glitch free (knock on wood!) but I did chunk the plastic case since it weighs .35 oz. After everything was finished, she weighs exactly the same as she did as a 3 channel bird.

Took her out and blasted around the patch for quite a while Sunday morning and had a blast!

Here's a pic:
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	95557_7026.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	47.4 KB
ID:	54788  
Old 07-21-2003, 09:45 PM
DICKEYBIRD

'Nuther pic....Mr. Cheapskate had to use Doculam on the bottom to save a little MoneyKote$$ Used up some heavier wood that was lying around so I drilled holes in the ribs lightened the tips.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	95559_7026.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	47.4 KB
ID:	54789  
Old 07-21-2003, 09:51 PM
matchlessaero

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default very cool

I cannot wait to see it fly in person!
Old 07-21-2003, 10:06 PM
DICKEYBIRD

Pateski and I did the Perkins breakfast gorgy and were out to da field 'til 11:30 or so Sunday....thought maybe we'd see you but I guess yer a homebody now, doin' all those honey-do's, huh?

Gotta go home now....PM me your new telly number when you get a minute.
Old 07-21-2003, 10:30 PM
Lynn S

It's hard to beat a stick plane.
I like those inside mounted wing servos, and I see how to make my landing gear now. Thanks, Lynn