RCU Forums - View Single Post - Let's See Your SlowPokes
View Single Post
Old 09-15-2010, 05:32 AM
Dowmer
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Let's See Your SlowPokes

ED,

I thought the Poke .40 already had ailerons or is this a different version? I built a Slowpoke .10 wing like a .40 Poke. See my post above of the Poke with the AT-6 scheme. I'll post building pics below. The building process is the same as the .40 excepton a smaller scale. I downloaded the .40 size Poke manual and blueprints from online and looked at them, and built according to the manual. I used the last four full wing ribs. The two outer ones were left whole and the inner ones were cut with the aft side where the longitudinal stringers were. I filled in-between the stringers with balsa so I had a place to mount the hinges. I used the cut off pieces of wing rib and made a few more to make the ailerons. Essentially, they are the wing ribs ends glued to a stick of balsa and covered with 1/16" sheet.

The dimensions of the ailerons are approximately 11.5" X 2.5" Of course, your's may be a little different size because you will be building a full .40 size.

As far as performance, it flies great. Greatroll rate. I made several other mods that I won't get into here unless yo want to know.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Zx70322.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	75.1 KB
ID:	1501135   Click image for larger version

Name:	Vq50915.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	80.5 KB
ID:	1501136   Click image for larger version

Name:	In28221.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	93.0 KB