RCU Forums - View Single Post - my cub flies a lil funny
View Single Post
Old 09-15-2010, 07:05 AM
Zor
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: my cub flies a lil funny

ORIGINAL: opie99

thanks, some of the best lessons learned are from mistakes. im a machanic by trade so im a firm believer of that. when it comes to things like this i dont care how much you read, you dont know untill you see it in person. i think my wings warped when i covered it because it looks like they are both warped at the tips. it looks like the leftside wing tip is angled up and the right side looks to be angled a lil down. i think once i fix the wings this thing is going to fly like a dream. thanks guy
Thanks opie99 on behalf of all that benefit from your report.

It is rewarding as well to all those who tried to help because it shows their efforts were not in vain.

Let wing warped up meaning some "washin" (higher angle of attack) and the right wing warped down meaning some "washout" (lower angle of attack).

Results are a roll to the right.when the ailerons are neutral.

I assume by guessing that the covering is a heat shrinkable film that logically needs more heat at the wing tips to stretch the film over more compounded curves thus explaining the tip warps.

Reheating the wing tips while twisting the wing tips in slightly opposing direction should remove the warp. Go at it gently till no warp is discernable.

Again thanks for your report that is more beneficial to all then the reasoning and speculations helpers could do.

Best flying enjoyment to you,

Zor.

P.S.: Too many times the recipient of help does not have the decency to come back and let us know if our time spent to assist was well worth the effort..