RCU Forums - View Single Post - Any truth to rumors that JR switching to frequency hopping FASST system?
Old 09-15-2010, 08:04 AM
sskianpour
My Feedback: (2)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Any truth to rumors that JR switching to frequency hopping FASST system?

ORIGINAL: HarryC

To answer the original question, yes JR has developed its own FHSS and it is not DSMJ. DSMJ is special version of Spektrum's DSM for the odd regulations in Japan. The entry level set is the JR XG7, it supports telemetry, and should be in production next month. This is a completely new system, not based on Spektrum's DSM system and breaks JR's reliance on Spektrum's DSM systems. For those with JR DSM systems, Spektrum will still be continuing and therefore expect DSM Rx etc to continue to be available.

However, in the USA the JR importer is Horizon, who also owns Spektrum, so whether they will take the new JR DMSS system, or take blank JR Tx and fit them with their own Spektrum DSM modules and block DMSS from the USA market remains to be seen.

Harry
HarryC, you ACTUALL ANSWERED MY QUESTION!!! [sm=cry_smile.gif][sm=biggrin.gif] (crying with joy that somebody actually did instead of just giving me their opinion

Now, question #2, any articles, websites, Youtube, etc...verifying this stuff?
Thanks guys for keeping it civil-so far.
Shaz