RCU Forums - View Single Post - Engine Longevity
View Single Post
Old 09-15-2010, 01:39 PM
supertib

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Engine Longevity

ORIGINAL: HerrSavage

Where I run - against RB's, Novas, whatever you want, if I lose a race, it is NOT down to engine power or tuneability - but to my setup(suspension, diffs, tires, whatever..).. Powerwise down the back straight I'm with all of them more or less. OK, maybe not an RB C6.. - but yeah, they cost three times as much.. Furthermore, the VSPEC's are coming in at eight minutes, and I can EASILY come in at ten. I tank twice in 30 minutes, and they three times. Not making it up..

I don't doubt that some of these higher end race engines are better. I DO however doubt that they are as better as their prices are higher.

Without a whiff of a doubt too, there is a lot of image/brand-name showing off going on too. ''Oh, I have a Novarossi...'' It's like having a normal blue sweatshirt but with a Polo horse on it for twice the price.. And feeling like you look better just because you paid more - for the little horsey..

It's navie to think that more expensive = better these days. Now more than ever. Buying a big-money engine will NOT win you a race as much as setup, driving skill, etc.. It's just my opinion, but high-money engines are overrated for most club racers, but they get them anyway for name recognition/image... And meanwhile I can hang with most of them down the straight with my cheap old Mach that cost less than half what their fancy Italian cost. Just because you spent more doesn't mean your RC is better.

And again, under race conditions, nobody's getting 14 minutes. If you get 14, I'll show you 12 with my Mach. And NO, I'm not talking about that indoor race either..(was getting easy ten minutes there too..)

I am done wasting my time trying to argue with you dude...I concede...SH builds the best engines in the world..Picco and all the other race engines are absolute junk and a total waste of money...we should all just buy SH engines and never look to anything else ever again ! nothing tunes as good as a SH, nothing holds a tune like a SH, nothing gets the mileage of a SH, nothing lasts like a SH, nothing makes power like a SH...no need for V-Specs, Picco's, Nova's, Sirio's, Werk's ever again ! Am I missing anything ?