RCU Forums - View Single Post - Engine Longevity
View Single Post
Old 09-15-2010, 01:53 PM
supertib

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Engine Longevity

Patrick part of the reason you get 10 minutes from your Mach is because your a rookie racer with less then 5 races under your belt...while the top drivers are making 30 laps in a race you are lucky to make 20 laps...your driving much slower and using far less throttle......Please show me a Mach 427 getting 10 minutes runtimes in any A-Main race...sorry bro, it aint happening.....

If you actually raced like we do here you would understand how narrow and naive your outlook on engines really is....

i see all kinds of rookies on the track getting huge runtimes.... But its not because their engines are some super engine, but because they are so new to the track they cannot apply any throttle and keep within the lines.... The faster a driver becomes on the track, the more fuel they will use...a Novice may get 10 minutes from Mach, but a top A-Main driver is going to struggle to hit 7 minutes....

I will say this tho...if your a novice/rookie racer you don't need anything better then a RTR grade Mach 427...However as your skills improve and you start running with the fast boys on the track you will quickly realize a RTR Mach is nowhere near a competitive engine ......

If a Mach 427 could actually do 10 minute pitstops running at a competitive pace I will eat my own shorts....

Patrick please post the race results where your Mach was able to pit 10 minutes..I want to compare your pace to the top drivers pace..... FYI the faster the driver is, the more laps they turn at a higher MPH and the more fuel they will use...any engine can get great runtimes if your putting around 1/4 stick...but it takes a real engine to make 10 minutes at a fast competitive pace....

And yes my Mod B5 can make 14 minutes easy in a race condition on a big track.... Got the trophy pics to prove it !