RCU Forums - View Single Post - 1/16 Metal Tiger Kit
View Single Post
Old 09-17-2010, 01:42 AM
herrmill

Received 63 Likes on 47 Posts
Default RE: 1/16 Metal Tiger Kit

Huh? That's quite interesting considering he was posting about details & pricing of Aero-Mate's Tiger on RCG. Perhaps it was just a late April Fool's prank?

Apr 29, 2010, 11:41 PM Report This Post to a Moderator · #25
RCCOMMAND
Owner - RC Command

Quote:
Originally Posted by mak90guy
"Thats really beautiful work but beautiful work also usually comes with an ugly price tag. Either way im prepared to just about sell my life away to get one! =-) So how much will this beast cost? How much does it weigh? Are you also doing an electronics package for it? I dont kno that anything from HL would be able to handle the weight for very long. Again.. VERY NICE WORK!! Keep us updated please!"

This tank will be available a few different ways...static, Full Option kit and everything in between. An electronics package has been designed specific for this model. Pricing has not yet been finalized but hope to have that shortly. Also hope to have the production ready to go in about 30 days with ability to purchase shortly thereafter. Hope to begin shipping mid-June. Regardless, completion and ship date will be firm and publicized prior to taking orders.

Bill

May 03, 2010, 09:20 PM Report This Post to a Moderator · #28
RCCOMMAND
Owner - RC Command

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joat
"Will there be late model road wheels with bearings?"

Hi Joat, that is the plan, however, Aero-Mate is really paying close attention to how this initial project progresses before moving on to their next. They certainly have been working hard to ensure they capture as much detail/accuracy as they can and are striving to do their best and not just settle for something. I'm right there with you on wanting the late wheel set. It's simply awesome how they've designed the set for this early version - at least 16 individual parts (plus lug bolts) for each wheel.

Bill

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...1204127&page=2

Actually it is meant for production & has been all along from what I've heard on this side of the pond from the guys in Shenzhen. Again, it won't be for the faint of heart but towards these new "high-end" enthusiasts in China & not necessarily marketed to those of us in the west who are having to count our pennies. There are plenty of buyers here in the neighborhood who don't think anything of dropping a few thousand for a new toy like this.