RCU Forums - View Single Post - Saito FG-30 gas troubles
View Single Post
Old 09-19-2010, 05:02 PM
Gabrielsande

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Saito FG-30 gas troubles

Hi there, just and update.

After few weeks, mixed some fresh fuel at 20=1 with the recommended evolution oil, started it I let it warm up, and It was running very smooth and great, picking speed up very quick no problems.

So applyed full gas, and then the same, almost died on take off, in the air the same problem again, and when going up just died. so got it back made the high end reacher ,and again the same. in the ground is ok but flying still doing the same fault, it is much better with the timming retarded, at least it runs smooth through the whole throttle, but a sudden change of direction on the flying will trigger this, like a lack of fuel pressure, dont know what more to do, apart of cleaning it and sticking it on ebay!.

took the carb apart and all looks ok, dont know if worth to adjust the fuel diaphragm needle height,gaskets looks ok not dry they are the stock black ones, for my other walbros you can get the fuel oneway valve gasket in a kind of blue fibre more rigid than the rubber black one.will increase the little arm height a bit to make the diaphragm lifting the neddle with less pressure, to increase the fuel flow, it might help dont know any more!!

Sent an email to mcgregor uk to see what they say,but Im not to optimistic, nearly £500 of an engine wrong from day one,I own few petrol engines, and never had a problem like this, I know some people upgrade the carb gaskets,some upgrade the ignition for a rexcel one,spark plugs,etc so way spending this much on an engine to then change everything,better of buying other brand from start! (and they are 1/2 price)

Ayway still sound good and will be a shame to let it go,let see what they say.but this will be the last try!!