RCU Forums - View Single Post - CG Setup and fuel level?
View Single Post
Old 09-27-2010, 03:39 AM
Packdaddy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CG Setup and fuel level?

Hey guys

I'm still setting up my latest addition to the hangar, a Sebart Su29 50e. I've converted it to nitro with a Saito 91 and it's just about ready to go - I'm just installing the radio gear, onboard glow and some other electronics i got for it.

I'm trying to mount batteries etc so as to get the CG right without using balast, but am slightly confused.

I've mounted the fuel tank in front of the wing tube, right up against it. This means it's in front of the recomended CG position. SO.... should I be measuring the CG with a full tank, half tank, empty tank or what? I guess the most important thing would be that, tank full or tank empty, the CG is still within certain limits, but what limits?! that would also mean you have less room to move the CG, as each limit is approached when the tank is empty or full... i hope this makes sense, maybe I've over thought it?!

The plans say they recommend CG at 125mm from the LE at wing root, 120mm for pattern flying or 130mm for 3D. Should I just use them as limits?!

HELP!

Mark