RCU Forums - View Single Post - DX7+DS821's=Geiger counter
View Single Post
Old 09-27-2010, 12:26 PM
dan4466
My Feedback: (68)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default DX7+DS821's=Geiger counter

I have a DX 7 w/5 DS821's mounted in a Seagull Spacewalker 1.20 with a small gasser. I just put the plane together and am using a AR7000. Whenever I get the radio within 10-12 inches from the servos they sounds like a geiger counter going off. The servos never move at all like normal interference, just the sound. I have tried everything from different Rx, switch and so on. I even discounted the whole gas system. I then just pulled servos out and plugged them in with 2 different AR7000's and they still do it. This radio doesn't do this on two other gas planes. I have plenty of seperation with radio gear. These servos are used ones I bought and am wondering if there is something that the previous owner could of done to them. I have used 821's in other plane with the DX7 w/o problems. I am wondering if this is something they do when the radio is that close and I haven't noticed it before. Get the radio a foot away and it stops right away. Also, if I push the range check button on back of radio, it stops. It range checks good. I also tried a 4.8V batt instead of the 6V just to be sure. Thanks for any help!