RCU Forums - View Single Post - Your plane history, what models have you had?
Old 09-28-2010, 08:12 PM
summerwind

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Your plane history, what models have you had?

ORIGINAL: cutaway

Probably a 50+ stick/tissue rubber powered things.
Several tow line FF gliders of various sizes/types
FF power - a Starduster 600, Witch Doctor 800, a scale Cessna 170 (.049). Got a hankering to scratch build the big .60 sized FF Satellite 1300 some time next year.

Probably a hundred C/L things over the years, All scratch from plans or kits. I do have a Brodak ARF Smoothie waiting to be slapped together in the near future. The current thing I've been flying C/L with most of the time has well over 300 flights on it and could use some hanger time for rehab.

R/C? Gliders, various ARF builds/repairs which aren't interesting at all. I'm designing an R/C combat plane that breaks the usual mold of fillament taped foam wing flying bricks that most of them are and should have much better aerodynamics (think higher aspect ratio Rush Nemesis or Buckstaff Mirage), and I just opened up the planset for DeBolt's ''Chief'' early generation pattern plane.

well, you are a much nicer guy than i gave you credit for...the mere mention of the Starduster and Satellite set you off from the rest.....
Dad and i were on Team Satellite from the years 71-78 when we finally gave up FF Comp for a few years to get into RC again.

nice to know you are a FF flyer. i did the 1300 in 3 flavors, one with original size stab with OPS 60 power. the second one was done with a K&B .41 built by Bear of K&B when K&B was really K&B, and the second version was built light, like 42 ounces with a 38% stab. the last version was Rossi .65 power and was an animal.

too many planes to list here too, and i would get a headache just trying to remember them all, but i do know that i have pretty much burned out to the point where the 2 Jett powered models i have at this time are all that interest me because they scream, even if only at 18K rpm, but there just is not interest for me anymore.
FF competition was and still is my passion, but without my Dad, there's no use even trying to fly at contests anymore.