RCU Forums - View Single Post - still looking for a .18 hydro hull
View Single Post
Old 09-28-2010, 09:17 PM
res3567

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: still looking for a .18 hydro hull

I am about to get an original Miss Vegas....brandnew still in the box from an uncle with too many toys....and I just noticed a lot of you guys run em without the tails...to me it makes the boat look incomplete....but I understand why....I was jus wondering if anyone considered the smaller fins on the UL 1...or something similar....
ORIGINAL: Hydro Rob

Its funny you mention the rear wing. I just saw a picture of 20 miss vegas' at a race, all with rear wings. At our last club race we had 8 vegas' and none of them had wings. We really dont have a fancy technical answer to that other than weight and one less thing to worry about while tunning the boat. For over 4 years now I cant remember anyone running a rear wing on a vegas at our pond, except for howard. He came to one of our races with a brand new out of the box duece and didn't take the time to remove the wing.

I have seen others try different things with the wings, airfoil wise, but never saw their results. Im sure that it works and can help aid the ride characteristics of the boat though.

If you have a vegas, try the different adjustments on the boat and report back! get video if you can.