RCU Forums - View Single Post - Internal layouts for Phaeton 90
View Single Post
Old 08-23-2003, 06:52 PM
Edwin
My Feedback: (2)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Internal layouts for Phaeton 90

Did a successful maiden flight on the P90 today. I'm definately gonna like this one. Mine was originally a swapmeet plane in the bones with a fair amount of hanger rash on it. Was worth the $35 I paid. Wings were straight and the empenage was straight also. It DID come out heavy, 13.3 lbs. But all in all with a saito 120 it flys fine, nice and slow with a lot of authority. On low rates it has a fairly quick roll and does a nice tight loop. I think the high rates I have will be too much so I'll tone it down a bit. Everything was built 0-0-0. Rolls are nice and axial. Stall was straight forward, sorta like elevatoring down. Didnt drop a wing. Touch of down elevator and flying resumed. Couldnt hardly call it a stall. Inverted for short periods of time took a light touch of elevator. I had a dead stick and was thankfully pretty high, but not a problem. Did two circles to loose altitude and did a perfect landing. Sorta floats and lands like my big Rascall110. Built with ailerons on bottom and top wings. Covered in solartex, painted with rustoleum and sealed with clear lusterkote. The original builder did slab sides on the fuse instead of open frame. Didnt know that at first, till the plans showed up. Would definately build it open framed on the fuse if I do another.
I'm a happy camper today. Two good flights. NEXT PLANE!!!
Edwin