RCU Forums - View Single Post - looking to slow my trainner down without a new engine?
Old 10-04-2010, 05:29 AM
Luchnia
My Feedback: (21)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: looking to slow my trainner down without a new engine?

ORIGINAL: spidr_01

I have a tower trainner 40, and I put a O.S. 46 AX in it. The manual recommends a 10.5X6, 11X6-8, 12X6-7 size prop. I have a 11X6 on it now and my club trainner would like to slow it down. any recomendations on how to do it without buying a new engine? he recomended a 11X5 prop and thought a longer prop may not be very good for the engine. Oh, the O.S. manual has the props listed as sport and dosent list any other recomendations.

all recomendations are appriceated and will be tryed, thank you.
Also they make props that are wider that will help slow it down and no need to fly it as fast as it will go. Fly about half throttle if you need to. I had a 40 and a 46 and not all that much difference really that cannot be compensated by throttle and prop pitch. You could also limit servo travel to a set point by working with the linkages.

After you fly it for some time you will be ready to rip the sky up with it anyway. If it is the club trainer a different prop might be the best way to go.