RCU Forums - View Single Post - Extreme Flight__88"__Edge 540T__Build
View Single Post
Old 10-05-2010, 11:15 AM
cjcyclesrc
My Feedback: (10)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Extreme Flight__88

I've put 2 gallons through the edge in the last 4 afternoons getting ready for a Freestyle Competition. We were out practicing last night until it was so dark I could just see the outline of the plane. I like this plane even more as I get more time on it. The 50 w/ ES pipe is a great match for the plane. I've got a required inverted 45 Deg upline negative snap and a half in my routine and It's got plenty of power to pull though it. I tached it last week right after a flight so the motor was up to operating temp. It's turning a Solid 7400rpms with the 23B. I measured the Temp on the Head just after shutting it down and it was 180F which is perfect in my book. The plug is a nice light brown color. I've been doing some field testing with the new Iridium Plugs from RcExl. [link=http://www.shop.kavarootusa.com/product.sc?productId=21](Link to the Plug)[/link] Richard @ WrongWayRC sent me one to try out. I'm impressed with the plugs. Visually the Quality looks to be better than the NGK CM-6. I tached the motor before and after installing the plug and there wasn't any difference I could tell in Max RPM, but you could tell a difference in the smoothness as lower rpms. Two of my friends were there with me when I switched to the Iridium plug and both of them also thought they could tell a little difference in how the motor sounded a lower rpms. I know from growing up building performance 2 strokes in my dad's motorcycle shop plugs can make a difference. Were going to switch a few more motors to the Iridium plugs and see if we see the same result. RcExl has come out with some nice products recently. I've been running the optic ignition kill and it works great.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Gd93781.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	140.6 KB
ID:	1511371   Click image for larger version

Name:	Hc93430.jpg
Size:	56.0 KB
ID:	1511372   Click image for larger version

Name:	Uz68099.jpg
Size:	62.4 KB