RCU Forums - View Single Post - NITROS SUCK BAD!! WOW, REALLY BAD!!!
View Single Post
Old 10-05-2010, 07:46 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: NITROS SUCK BAD!! WOW, REALLY BAD!!!

ORIGINAL: Uncle Vinnie

I can only see 2 reasons why you made this post.

1 - to see everyone's reaction
2 - You're one of those poor souls out there that doesn't know how to tune a car.

Electric RC is plug and play for the incompetent.

Nitro RC's are dirty????? I don't know where your running your plug & play electric car..in your kitchen floor....
Because the guys that run electric where I go, they are as dirty as my nitro.

I guess you never heard of an air compressor, it takes 5 minutes and the car is clean....Oh ya, I forgot you run yours in the kitchen floor.

You must be my previous neighbor, your complaining about the noise, and stink...but then again you couldn't be playing with a nitro in your kitchen, now could you.....you would get your ***** Kicked everyday of the week and twice on Sundays.

Your going to dominate and embarrass the nitro guys, I'm not sure how you're going to do that...all the nitro guys are well aware of the brushless capabilities, I think the nitro guys will always embarass the Plug & Play guys.
How???? you asked....very simple... give a Plug & Play electric car to a nitro guy he will know what to do...it's just plug & Play.....Now let's give a nitro car to an electric guy...Hahahhahahahahahaha who's the one that's embarrassed now, hahhahaaha.

Anyways no offense to the Electric guys this is just towards TOPDOGG11, that has 7 posts and thinks he knows what he's talking about...probably never even raced his car because he's afraid is going to get dirty.

I myself have an electric, use it all the time during winter time indoor racing.

hmm I've never raced mine.
Well I have issues other than afraid to get it dirty (My RC's are all quite dirty thank ya ) more like no track within 2 hours of driving that are open when I'm not at work(double GY weekend shifts)...

Electric has a learning curve like said earlier it just is not as sharp as nitro, but I find it more painful on the walet than nitro when you fudge up
Example Nitro run it too lean and hot you damaged your piston and sleeve cost to replace $30-50 worst case you break a con-rod also so another $20 (these are based what I seen for my one big block engine some are more some are less)
Electric run too hot you could have damaged your ESC cost minimal $30-100 (depending on brand and if its BL) motor $50-180. And if you have Lipos, and over draw them thats another $20-$100
So worst case scenario with nitro is around $70 in damages. Worst case with electric is $380 (if the battery don't explode and take the whole car with it )

ORIGINAL: ejc34710

Geeeeez another one of these threads..... Sounds like you don't know what your doing. I've been into every aspect of RC for 20 years, i have run about everything. They both have their ups and downs. Helis i prefer electric, planes either or, cars and trucks its gotta be nitro, boats i like either or as well. I get bored quite fast with electric cars and trucks, and for me, half the fun is wrenching on them. Its fine if you like electric better, but don't come on a forum bashing nitro.... No matter how fast electrics get, nitro will NEVER go away. Besides, i'm just waiting for the next big leap in our little nitro screamers. Technology isn't limited to only electric.....
Agree
I have more fun ripping them apart than running
Personally I would love to see gas powered engine tech hit 1/10ths so we can just fill up at the pump and skip the nitros fuel cost