RCU Forums - View Single Post - Who has flown or Flies a CAP 232 AND has flown a 232 in the Phoenix Simulator?
Old 10-05-2010, 09:31 PM
CGCINC
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Who has flown or Flies a CAP 232 AND has flown a 232 in the Phoenix Simulator?

ORIGINAL: fireman7875

Yep, it's pretty realistic. Caps are known for exactly that characteristic. That's not to say that ALL CAPs behave that way. For example, I once had a GP Cap 580 that was as stable as any other sport plane I have ever flown. On the other hand, I had a hangar 9 cap 232 that would snap in a heartbeat. My point is: in general, CAPs are known to be twitchy and the one on the simulator is a pretty fair representation of the average 232.

Brian
Thanks, appreciate the help!

In the Simulator... The CAP will basically "float" if I drop the throttle to 1/4 and it lands Super easy....is this something close to the real thing? Doesthe realthing stall as easy as the simulator one?

I just bought a 40 sized 232 so I've been flying in the sim for the last week. I can do pretty well with it, especially if I relax and use some control but I usually flop it all over the sky at full throttle
These things are Touchy!!.