RCU Forums - View Single Post - Brodak 25 engine
View Single Post
Old 10-07-2010, 10:05 PM
cutaway

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Brodak 25 engine

I have an old Enya .19 that flies a Ringmaster very well. Anything Enya makes is pretty good. The LA's are cheap commodity engines that produce mediocre/acceptable power. I'd look for a good/NIB older OS FP .25 if you wanted an OS. The FP preceded the LA's and seem to be better made engines.

If you're willing to break it in properly and run the right fuel in it, the old Fox .35 will outlast most newer engines. I've got a couple with many hundreds of hours on them still running fine. In a pinch, I've used 10% nitro Morgan Omega with a full pint of Caster added to it in the Fox and got acceptable results.

I've never seen a Brodak in person.

Almost any modern .25 will struggle turning a 10x6 or 10x5 the old Fox's have no problem with (exception might be the Enya .25D diesel). Depending on the plane you intend to fly it in, a faster spinning .25 turning a 8" or 9" prop isn't going to perform as well as something that can turn a 10" prop. The Fox .35 weighs only 6.5 oz (minus muffler) too. Some of the newer BB .25's are closer to 8oz.