RCU Forums - View Single Post - Pay It Forward Build Thread!! Sig LT-40 build
Old 10-09-2010, 02:50 PM
Stephen up North

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Pay It Forward Build Thread!! Sig LT-40 build

Hi, Ken,

Newbie here (to the forum and the hobby). I've been hunting around for a trainer kit for a short while now and had all but decided on the LT-40. Needless to say, this build thread will likely nail the decision for me. Talk about timing!

I'm planning on installing electric power so I also have been looking around for info on the conversion. I just came across your build thread today and have only begun reading it. I was wondering if there were any discussions along the way about powering the plane with an electric motor?

I corresponded with SIG. They recommend a Maxx Products Combo 40 kit for this application, which includes a 500 watt motor, and suggest providing a few openings in the firewall to cool the battery and ESC, and of course access for charging and changing the batteries. Another builder suggested to lighten the plane by replacing some of the ply doublers with balsa.

I'm wondering if you or anyone else has attempted this build with an electric conversion and whether you/they might have any advice to offer.

Thanks in advance,
Stephen