RCU Forums - View Single Post - Larger Revolver
View Single Post
Old 10-10-2010, 06:47 AM
Luchnia
My Feedback: (21)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Larger Revolver

ORIGINAL: Widget

Thanks! Checked out Global's forums but nothing but the ususal, hole in the fuel line, etc. This is a weird one. It was running fine, and then all the sudden it won't draw fuel for nuthin! Welp... That's why God made Winter time...
Now, about my OS 91FX on my Reactor. GOBS of power, idles till the cows come home and starts as easy as you please even when it's been sititng for months on the shelf, but it has this high RPM slobber/burbble kind of roughness to it, from 80% to WOT, and I am MOST sure I can see some air bubbles once in a while in there at WOT on the bench, even though it has brand new lines (multiple times trying to figure this out) , new glow plugs again and again and fresh 10% (and tried 15%) fuel. I fly it anyway because it has never been anything but an audible hassle. Otherwise, she runs awesome!
It has the ''old style'' (???) needle valve that is attached to the back-plate. Didn't I read in here way back about a retro-fit remote needle? How does one go about getting one of those without sending the engine back to OS ?
By the way, if you like your Rev, you'd LOVE the smaller (58'') Reactor! It is the easiest, sweetest flying little plane I have ever owned. The Rev with my 120AX is still my Fav for size, speed and all the rest, but just for everyday funnin' around, the Reactor with the 91FX in it has turned out to be a real keeper, though not near as fast as the Rev, God rest it's soul... [:@] I'm watching Tower real close for ''the good deal'' Deal to come along again.
I had one of those old style needle valve engines. I just ordered the new valve and valve plate from Tower Hobbies. Then I took the old back plate off and took a hack saw and cut the cast valve off. I sanded the plate smooth, then cleaned everything good. Then put the new valve on and that was it. It was a very easy mod.