RCU Forums - View Single Post - OS Max 60 FP Not Running
View Single Post
Old 10-10-2010, 06:30 PM
Redwulf__34

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: OS Max 60 FP Not Running

Well, i finally got out to the field after "thinking" i had the engine running.........I give up! [>:] This thing is never going to run reliably.

It was a beautiful night for flying. I got one complete flight with the engine running pretty well. She was on the rich side just a touch but she ran ok. The idle is beautiful. By the 2nd flight I was feeling a bit more comfortable that the engine was going to run so I flipped the bird inverted and flew a circuit. All is well. Then came back for a nice slow roll.......when she got over on her back something happened. A 50% power loss. just like that. I brought her around and landed. Tuned the needle this way and that and bang..she was right back....So back up I went.....slow roll or two no problem. Nice 4 point roll, no problem. Turned her around and came down the runway on a high speed pass ( about 5 feet off the ground ) and bang....without warning she shut right off. Now I was wide open and fortunately we have a very long runway!!!!! I got her down with no problem..............

Bottom line for me.....I give up. I was getting stubborn thinking no engine is going to get the best of me.......but this one did. Not sure what I'm going to do. I want to move up to bigger scale gas engines so I don't' want to waste $$$ buying a .60 size engine. I do have the Super Tiger and an old Red Box P51 I've not finished. Perhaps I'll get a JTec. muffler made and I can dual use it on the stick.

Anyone want a motor and some motor parts!!!!!!!?!?!?!???

Sean