RCU Forums - View Single Post - New to Gliders - Where do I look for info?
Old 10-11-2010, 09:13 PM
SeamusG

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: New to Gliders - Where do I look for info?

ORIGINAL: OzMo

I Know you said no ARFs but I wouldn't limit yourself so much. I only have ever had 2 ARFs in as many decades but Really like them both. I got the chance to fly a couple of the Radians and they fly just to nice to blow off. And you don't have to chase a high start with them.
My most recent ARF #2 is a Reichard Mefisto 2 meter FG fuse with wood over foam wings.
It has required enough BUILDING that it must an AARF almost almost ready to fly But it looks nice and I got it on fleaba^ at a good price.
ARFreferences are just fine. I didn't know what I didn't know until I read aeajr's Handbook. I'm not sure that I want to offer up a kit to this type of flying just yet. I'm pretty anal (no, VERYanal) in my builds.

Just thinking where I can put a hi-start apparatus at my field. We have 3 fields - west is an electric field (predominantly), center is CL and east is 800x60 concrete. The surrounding area is a prairie dog preserve that has many rocks 'n nasty weeds that poke holes in mylar like a hot knife through butter. Grass doesn't exist.

Em, trimming flights - we have plenty of parks & school athletic fields in nice lush grass nearby ... Any experience with using these types of areas for trimming flights?