RCU Forums - View Single Post - Sportmaxx Buildup
View Single Post
Old 10-12-2010, 12:47 AM
masterhacker1989

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sportmaxx Buildup

Hi,i have a little story that goes behind the buildup of my sportmaxx...
So i came accross a used sportmaxx on craigslist for $125, I went checked it out, and I bought it for $110, It ran awesomly, had plenty of power, but then about 4-5 tanks of gas later, it stopped running correctly, and I could not tune it, turns out the engine was shot, so I went to my lhs and bought a 3.3, ran about 6 tanks through it, then I crashed it, I ended up having to replace both servos, front skid plate, the exaust (dont know what happened, but it cracked), and the front bulkheads, so I bought a Hitec servo for the steering, and a better traxxas one for the throttle, A Ths Exaust, I also picked up some integy bulkheads (yeah, I know about them being junk, But it was a open package deal, and the price was to good to pass up, and ive crashed several times and had no problems) i then got to rrun about 2 tanks through it before the transmssion went out, so I hopped on ebay and ordered a 4908 trans, and chassis plate, and also a hpi dogbone, and revo drive cups, then I ran about another gallon through it, and one of my drive hexes spun, and stripped out the rim, so i bought a set of proline 40 rims/tires

so so far Ive upgraded:
Integy bulk Heads
Proline rims/Tires
Traxxas aluminum drive hexes
Hitec servo
better traxxas servo
Tmaxx 4908 style air filter

so yeah, thats been my expierence with my first Rc car, I figure eventuly, I will have everything upgraded to where it wont break as fast
I do plan on installing a better engine , mabaye the ofna .26, i havent really decided yet

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Hf99185.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	114.6 KB
ID:	1515235   Click image for larger version

Name:	Rm38480.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	117.4 KB
ID:	1515236