RCU Forums - View Single Post - New to Gliders - Where do I look for info?
Old 10-13-2010, 08:19 PM
SeamusG

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: New to Gliders - Where do I look for info?

ORIGINAL: A10FLYR

Do yourself a favor and come up by the "M" on lookout mountain above Golden on any day we are having a SE, E, NE, or north wind and see what sloping is all about. Also, check the "Colorado Front Range Slopers" thread over on RCGroups.
A10 - did myself a favor this afternoon but nobody was home. Glad Ihad my Miata with race tires - that road is awsome (I was very considerate to the 2 wheel community and the tourists). Definitely a million $ view. There was a sole paraglider cruising back-n-forth for nearly an hour - walking pace - coulda had a nice conversation with him/her. Ican see how soaring can be kinda intoxicating.

Where do you go (internet)to find current weather conditions before you go for a visit?

Also, I'm guessing that if one's flying skills are a bit suspect you may never reach your plane. Looks like ya need a technical climbling background to get to some of the nooks &crannies around that road. You can see but can't touch. Not quite like loosing a plane in a tree .
Emm, I can see where wind can really be your friend ...

Ihave an aging Volvo station wagon that has plenty of room for a sailplane (or 2 or 3) ...