RCU Forums - View Single Post - Bad Rep at hobbyking???
View Single Post
Old 10-14-2010, 09:02 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Bad Rep at hobbyking???

ORIGINAL: Skyfly0311

Hobby King puts your local RC Retail stores out of business.. enough said..
wrong
High price's, and lack of selection puts hobby shops out of business. Not hobby king.

Honestly went to my LHS the other day with a long ass list I walked out with about 30% of the parts I went for. Honestly 3 months ago when I went last they had probably 300+ bodies in stock(2 of every savage body). Went Tuesday they had probably 100 left, 2 savage bodies, 4-5 buggy bodies, a few misc truggies, traxxas RC bodies, and a pile of TC bodies. Than their RPM shelf was barely stocked, they didn't have any RPM ball ends in stock... Few months ago they had at least 2 of everything from RPM in stock at all times, in every color.
So I went online and ordered $80 more in parts, because I'm not going to bother ordering through them and having to pay an additional 10% more than I can online in addition to $8 in gas to get there and about 10% more in damn taxes where I can pay $10 to have it delivered.

Other hobby shop I used to go to had a extremely wide selection of RC's. They sold the XL-5 Traxxas Rustler, and a HPI firestorm... Seriously thats ALL they carried, and the 2 on the shelf looked like they sat there for a long time. They had a huge banner in the window saying they carried HPI and Traxxas... They didn't even have the parts to fix those 2 RC's... I have no idea how that dude stays open...