RCU Forums - View Single Post - Extreme Flight__88"__Edge 540T__Build
View Single Post
Old 10-15-2010, 08:47 AM
Barry Cazier
My Feedback: (17)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Extreme Flight__88

Opened up the Edge package last night.
Very nice looking. This time it came with wheels....(Yak did not) and they are the ones with the aluminum hubs....nice. Everything looks great. Mine is the Red/White/Blue version and it is attractive.
The landing gear appears much shorter than the Yak and much stiffer. The servo holes and the holes for the horns are already cut out. I don't think that was true for my other planes but can't say for sure.
This one has a pilot and a floor for the canopy and a dashboard...but I don't think I'll use any of that.
The canopy appears to be heavier material than the Yak. Probably a little more durable.
The overall quality seems excellent.
There was also a paper inside the fuse which details the incidence measurements and certifies them. Nice. Should mean this one will fly very straight.
Overall I'm very impressed.

Some things I'd like to see.......others are doing this.
Glued hinges.
Fuel tank installed.
Firewall drilled for DLE/DA/RL because I'm sure 90% of the engines are these. Others can modify as necessary.
Rudder cables installed.
Horns installed.
A cowl with a ring for mounting, all ready to go. Very unsightly to see the screws and they always wear out and make gastly holes.

The above would complete this baby as the perfect ARF... As it is, it's nice but has room for improvement.

Also would like to see a flat rate shipping charge. This baby is expensive to ship......4 times what it takes to get a similar plane to my door. Or maybe even 100% if you use Tower Hobbies.

Anyways....on to the build.

Thanks
Barry