View Single Post
Old 10-16-2010, 07:31 AM
qazimoto
My Feedback: (1)

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Default RE: Brodak 25 engine

ORIGINAL: Gungadin

Hi all

I'm in the process of returning to C/L flying after a 33 year lay off. I just purchased an airplane and I need a 25 size engine or there abouts. What I want to know is the Brodak 25 any good. I know it's light weight, but wonder about its quality and power output. Some say it has the same power as the old Fox 35, and that's OK by me. So you guys that actually have experience with this particular engine, tell me how it compares to other similar size engines, like the OS25la or Enya 25ss if you know. If you do not have actual experience running the Brodak 25 on an airplane, then please keep your opinions to your self. I want to hear from guys with flying experience on this engine.

I'm all ears ![:-]
I have a few of the Brodak 25, and I love 'em. Takes a bit to run them in but they are in my opinion much better quality than the Asian equivalents. They're also lighter and more powerful. They are used as Classic B class Team Race motors as well, an indication of their quality.

See: http://clamf.aerosports.net.au/categ...elopment-4.htm

There's not much more to say. For general c/l flying just follow the instructions for running in and then bolt it in the model. If there's a problem contact John Brodak for service.

Good luck,

Ray