View Single Post
Old 10-17-2010, 03:06 PM
smoknrv4
My Feedback: (11)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: New Problem

ORIGINAL: rmenke

Hi Wingspam

I had the same problem with the Jett 60 that took some work to sort out with Dub and Bob's help. I ended up using the large Jett ''bubbleless'' tank and moving the needle valve from the motor to the side of the fuse. I used a small wedge shaped piece of ply to screw into and hold the needle up enough to turn it with ease. I have used bladder type tanks in the past from the old U control days, then formula and quickes. Never liked them. The Jett bladder is made out of plastic and is far superior to the rubber bladder types that start off with lots of pressure and drops during your run causing a lean run if you start out right on the nut. The Jett tank simply converts the normal muffler pressure equally and gives you a good constant run. There is some pressure on the Jett tank when full (overfull) but that will go away if you let a little fuel escape.

On several occasions, I was caught out short of time to the next race. I filled the tank from my electric pump with no problems whatsoever. Would not recommend this as a normal process, but its there after the first run and do or die time. A ''tanker'' still provides better control. ENJOY

I second that one on the bubbless tanks, they take fuel system issues out of the equation.[sm=thumbs_up.gif]