RCU Forums - View Single Post - Any Shops that Build Kits?
View Single Post
Old 10-19-2010, 06:50 PM
nitrosportsandrunner

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default RE: Any Shops that Build Kits?

ORIGINAL: SyCo_VeNoM

ORIGINAL: nitrosportsandrunner

my LHS wont even tune up a nitro motor for you. doesnt matter if you are willing to pay or not, they just dont want to mess with it[:'(]
Quite a few won't actually they will just tell you how. I can see why though if you go home with it tuned and the weather changes and it leans out the person will get pissed at the shop and blame them for wrecking the engine.
yeh, thats what my LHS said, but thats a lame excuse to me. if they tune it, then i drive it before i leave the shop and it runs great then i cant come back and say they messed it up! and it would take a rather large weather change to lean a motor out enough to damage it.

but then, the owners of my LHS have about 2 years experience in the hobby. they got hooked, had lots of money and openned a shop. sometimes a cringe at the advice i hear them give their customers. dont get me wrong, they are good guys and im happy to finnally have a well stocked hobby shop near-by....its just they havent had to "experiment" and learn like some of us poor folks. so, some of their advice isnt in the best interest of the customer.