RCU Forums - View Single Post - New Funtana 125
View Single Post
Old 10-20-2010, 03:03 AM
ameyam

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: New Funtana 125

ORIGINAL: Bandit

I noticed last Friday, Horizon has updated the Funtana 125's status to ''in stock'' again. This is a total turn-around from what they were posting it's availability. Before Friday, It had an estimated availability of January 2011. It's now in stock in October 2010?? Things that make you go hmmm... I just hope they aren't clearing out stock of the ones that have yellowing issues in hopes they'll have minmal returns for that defect. The guys that did have the yellowing issue, have you heard any news from Horizon??

Bandit

I wrote to Horizon in this regard and this was the reply I got:

Quote:

“We do agree that there is a slight hue change to the white when exposed to the sun. This is actually fairly normal for white print.” The Funtana is now available because we have evaluated them for the yellowing problem and decided to sell them instead of waiting for the next production run.

Unquote

Can someone really post pictures showing how bad the yellowing is? I have a number of airplanes with white cote and they will go yellow with age. You can see the difference between the part that is open and the part that is covered e.g. part of covering under the fuselage. I really like the airplane and want to purchase it but I will like to see the yellowing issue first

Ameyam