RCU Forums - View Single Post - T-28 Dave Platt
View Single Post
Old 10-23-2010, 05:58 PM
maser

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: T-28 Dave Platt

As we continue with the building of the T-28 let me make a couple of comments.  I enjoy building "scale" models, but am not willing to put in the time that is required to enter in competition such as the Top Gun.  I do this only for my pleasure.  I have been progressing with the scale detail on each of my models such as cockpit interiors, panel lines, gear doors etc.   I have a good friend here in Oklahoma City that is a Top Gun Judge.  He has given me enoumous help in how to obtain scale apperance.  His aircraft are spectacular.  He will spend more time just on cockpit detail than I'm willing to do.  As such, I will take shortcuts to cut back on the time it takes to build my models. I try to obtain commercially available parts and put them together, as opposed to making everything from scratch like he does.  Each of you must decide for yourself the degree you are willing to spend in obtaining certain results.  There are a couple of things I had to do with the T-28 that will draw back from the scale apperance, as you will see as we progress.  I bet though, no one will notice at my flying field.  Only those that are following this site.  Lets keep this a seacret.  Ha.