RCU Forums - View Single Post - Welcome to two new little gas engines: DLE30 and CRRCpro V2
Old 10-24-2010, 03:24 PM
Gabrielsande

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Welcome to two new little gas engines: DLE30 and CRRCpro V2

Hi there

I have a goldwing sukhoi su26, 68" span, I had a crrc pro 26i on it, from new, it has 2 nimh 2600 mah 4.8v batteries attatched to the engine box up front, these for the receiver, going through 2 switches in to two channels just in case a cheap way to have some back up and add the amps without going up on voltage. for the ignition a 2cell lipo and regulator down to 6v.

I know Im carrying an extra battery,could do with a power box and 2, 2c lipo for the whole lot, but still to expensive at the moment,

Anyway the crrc pro was ok, sounded nice and deep on the stock pipe, it was flying fast with a 17x8 wood, for scale acrobatics big and nice tidy loops, it was ok on the harrier, it was hovering at nearly full throttle, and just pulling up from there very very slow,17x7 good on mix flying but can't get this size anymore!,with a 18x6, it was pulling up from hover quicker, and was more responsive at low speeds,but more noise and less speed, loops were very slow. tried an apc 17x8 instead the wood one and being more eficient, the engine was getting hot after a wile,switched too the woody and ok again.

Engine was very trusty,despite being cooked on the firs flights on an other plane using a 16x6 and 17x6 prop,these engines don't like higer rpms,the big end uses a neddle bearing which the rollers are very spaced in a cage,but the cost of the repair having a new crank assy and bearings was under £20, is being ok since a year ago, with at least 50hs on it.idle is ok and never had a dead stick!. I manage to split the old cranckshaft and upgrade the bearing to a proper neddle bearing like os uses on the gas version, but still in a box never needed again.

So I wanted more go on this plane and I bought a dle 30 rear carb, claming 3.7 hp against 2.4 of the crrc pro, at the same weight or less,everyone at the club said, don't belive in those hp numbers they don't mean much.

Guess what? they were wrong!!, fitted the engine on this sukhoi,I ended cutting a whole on the firewall to get the carb in,and keep the prop at the same place than the crrc pro,dle stand offs are longer for the carb being on the back. cg was at the same place than the crrc pro, so no change then, first two flights ended in dead sticks due to the low end needle being to lean, it was perfect in the ground but dying at half throttle in the air, so set the low end richer,it does not sound right on half throttle, burbling, but if too lean will die straight away, im not too sure about the quality of the carb crrc pro uses a walbro, dle uses a "DLE" looks a close copy,but don't know how accurate and clean are the jets and the venturi on this one,will try to lean a noch and see if goes smoother, but crrc pro was very very smooth in the whole range.

POWER! well, Im using a Gsonic 18X8 and it seems still to small!! (will try a 18x10 soon)I fly this plane now on 1/4 ,1/2 throttle, it hovers before 1/2 throttle, and pulls up very very quick from there,and it keeps going vertical without speed loss ,it loops from knife edge,full power just on the up lines, im scared to fold the wings up!, but on the level line it goes very fast, bad point is the noise, with the stock pipe which is more than half inch diameter is very loud,like a proper flying chainsaw,when inverted because the pipe goes up is much better,crrc pro wasbetter,dont have spacefor a pitts style one,only option is a canister under the wing (no space inside),or tryto get a90 degree bend and teflon joint to deflect the noise back!.

Engine is finished better,crankcase is neat,no issues with loose bolts or bad threads (have a look at othe post I done regarding manufacture faults on the crrc),the machined on the engine is very good and neat.
Im very happy with it and will recomend it, spares are cheap and available, will post video soon

This was with the crrc pro26i http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=awbHtUg7Dfohere you will see the lack of power when pulling from hover
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	ca82343.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	179.5 KB
ID:	1522152