RCU Forums - View Single Post - TFGE F4U Corsair 60 Kit Build
View Single Post
Old 10-25-2010, 12:29 PM
RCGuy41

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: TFGE F4U Corsair 60 Kit Build

Hi Bill,

Thanks for the comment, I do enjoy building them and then flying them, let's get down to answering your questions;

1. I'm not at all worried about vibration, since four stroke engines have less vibration then a two stroke engine. Now, any modeler can use a vibration dampening engine mount, that's up to the builder IMHO. True, some 72 Mhz radio systems because some builder have run into frequency problems associated from long leads from your servo to the RX; I'm flying a digital system, Spread Spektrum 2.4 Ghz w/7 channels, there's no radio interfierence.

2. At this point in time I'm not going to run a gloe driver, but I may if I can't get my idol RPM down to 2K RPM range. The best gloe driver I have found on the market today is from this website http://www.sonictronics.com/xcart/home.php?cat=285 I have two sets and they work great!

3. For the TFGE Corsair the weight range should be around 9.5 to 10.5 pounds, but I have seen some birds come in at 11 to 13 pounds.

Bill if you have any further questions please feel free to ask, I'm glad I was able to assist you.