RCU Forums - View Single Post - 2nd 1/5 scale - Another 5B/T or Redcat Rampage MT v3?
Old 10-25-2010, 10:22 PM
Dale Gribble
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 2nd 1/5 scale - Another 5B/T or Redcat Rampage MT v3?

ORIGINAL: ByronRC

Are there any inherent problems with these besides the servos? I'm looking into getting something like this with 4 wheel drive. Just not sure what though. Leaning towards a Nutech but not sure which one. Maybe one of these. Let us know how it turns out Dale Grible.
I think what was key for me in choosing this platform was 1) I like the way it looks. The body doesn't look like it's from a clown car. I don't know why some manufacturers design the worst looking bodies for their models, 2) I couldn't find any big complaints on the V2 and later. It looks like they solved the melting plastic issue on the diff case outdrives and besides the servo that you guys are mentioning, it sounds solid and 3) This could be true or false, but I have the impression that parts support on Redcat's models are reasonably priced and pretty readily available and 4) The nail in the coffin for me is that DDM and others carry parts and a whole line of hopups for it.

I hope that its a good model and I can give glowing reviews on it so I can convince some of you chuckleheads to buy them and we can help strengthen the platform and increase aftermarket support. I will be honest though, if it's a turd, I will say its a turd.