RCU Forums - View Single Post - Tmaxx basher
Thread: Tmaxx basher
View Single Post
Old 10-25-2010, 10:50 PM
DEKUM510

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Tmaxx basher

Today I was planing on sealing my engine, when I removed the engine and tried to crank it turning the crank shaft by hand it felt a little odd. When the piston reaches the top of its rotation it seems to snag on something, its not a smooth rotation. It will turn the whole way but I have some resistance when it gets to the top of its rotation. Oddly enough when I take the head off the engine it will crank smoothly, as soon as I get the head back on it starts to snag again. This is a brand new engine never taken apart before. Its kinda on and off it will rotate smoothly sometimes and other times it will snag. If anyone has any ideas as to why this is please help me out.

Edit: Just removed the head, and replaced the gasket. It seems like the head was screwed on to tight? Which is weird because this is how the factory sent it out....I wont know until I fire it up I guess. But for now nothing snags because I didnt tighten the bolts from the head as tight as factory settings and it seems to be doing the trick. By no means are the bolts loose, just not as tight as before.