RCU Forums - View Single Post - Tips on a tmaxx
View Single Post
Old 10-26-2010, 06:58 PM
steed2-inactive

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Tips on a tmaxx

i would say between 8-15 min pending your throttle finger. I have to agree with the guy above...best finding out for yourself. one thing i will say though...if you are bashing the truck and you are going the traxxas route...a revo is way tougher than a tmaxx. some guys will tell you the tmaxx is the basher and the revo is the racer....truth is the tmaxx is a basher and the revo is a racer and a better basher(much tougher) than the tmaxx. Myself , when i started in this hobby i was on my way to the hobby store to pick up a brand new tmaxx.....which ended up selling before i got there,,,,long story short the guys at the hobby store talked me into the savage and i have never looked back, and i must say after running with some t maxx's ,,,am i glad i didnt get one....here we are 3 years later and i do now have a tmaxx. but its usually just for playin in the backyard. the savvy's are my #1- just my opinion....its easy to get sucked into traxxas's advertising. but they do make great vehicles, I think if they redid the tmaxx with a chassis that was stamped to form over the top of the bulkhead(as to evenly distribute impact into the chassis) installed a bigblock....like could you imagine a trx 4.6....those things would fly off the shelf ...hell id be the first one in line,,,,wow i am jabbering on...lol anyways ...to sum it up ...tmaxx =great truck, nice complete package, awesome instructions, weak engine(no low end) bad chassis design(watch as the truck snaps in two pieces), revo= amazing handling, nice complete package, awesome intructions, weak engine, tough as nails...savage= handles like s@#t, lame radio (poor quality), awesome engine (f 4.6 not the k5.9), ok instructions, doesnt come with as much extras as traxxas, but what an awesome monster truck, handles like one and tough as nails...also get that f4.6 on a good tune and whatch it hunt down the 3.3 trx's-but this is just my 2 cents-scott.